Instant Pot Beef Caldereta. Great recipe for Instant Pot Beef Caldereta. Basically Filipino beef stew – this recipe is hard to mess up. I asked grandma for this recipe, and surprisingly, she doesn't know it!
Once hot, add oil and saute potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Put in the garlic, onions, and tomato. Saute until translucent and add the beef. You can have Instant Pot Beef Caldereta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Caldereta
- Prepare 2 lbs of beef chuck; cut into 2” chunks.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 3/4 of ths of an onion; minced.
- You need 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- It’s of Beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of carrots; cut into chunks.
- You need 3 of red potatoes; cut into chunks.
- It’s 11 of mini bell peppers.
- Prepare 4.25 oz of Liver Spread.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need of Peas.
I f you're looking for a faster way to cook and enjoy Filipino food, this Instant Pot Beef Caldereta might just be what you need. Now you can prepare the familiar flavors of this tomato-sauced based stew of tender, succulent beef chunks and hearty potatoes in half the time with the popular Instant Pot or any multicooker, without losing the soul of classic Pinoy cooking. Chockfull of potatoes, bell peppers, and green olives, this classic Filipino stew is hearty, tasty, and perfect for family dinners and special occasions. The first part of the process is to sauté beef with garlic and onion.
Instant Pot Beef Caldereta step by step
- Start by marinating your beef in soy sauce and some black pepper. Shouldn’t be soaking in soy; just so they aren’t red anymore..
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté mode on high. Add some oil to lightly coat the bottom. Sear your meat on all sides. Set aside in a bowl..
- Add your onions and garlic to the instant pot and sauté until translucent..
- Add your meat back in with all the juices, tomato sauce, bay leaves, and fill with beef broth until it just covers the meat. Set your IP to manual – high pressure – 30 mins..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, pan-fry your potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper until they show some color. Set aside..
- Quick release when ready, then add in your pre-sautéed veggies from step 5, brown sugar, and (start with) half a can of liver spread. Gradually add more to your liking. Hit the cancel button, then press sauté again on high. Simmer this until the mixture reduces ~10-15 more mins..
- Don’t forget to add in however many peas you like! And that my friends, is Filipino beef stew. Enjoy!.
Start by heating oil in wide pot. Cook the garlic, onion, and beef. Continue to saute the beef until the color browns a bit. Add bay leaves and crushed peppercorn. Continue by adding liver spread, tomato sauce, and beef broth.