Japanese beef curry. Savory and hearty Japanese beef curry made with beef, potatoes, carrots, mushroom, and Japanese curry roux. The flavor of Japanese curry is quite different from Indian or Thai curry. Basically, Japanese beef curry consists of beef, onions, carrots, potatoes, and curry roux.
While there are options to make it spicier, it is typically milder and sweeter than most Asian curries. So, if you are not a huge fan of spicy curries, this is the perfect one for you! Milk Japanese curry is my love at first bite. You can cook Japanese beef curry using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese beef curry
- You need of Beef, cut into dice (you know the right quantity for yourself).
- It’s Half of carrot.
- It’s Half of potato.
- Prepare Half of onion.
- It’s of Golden curry Mild flavour.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sugar.
Rich, thick, deep, complex flavors of sweet, savory, spicy. Recreated one of Tokyo's most highly rated Japanese Curry Beef Stew with simple everyday ingredients. Cook the beef cubes in a large pot and transfer them to a plate once they are cooked. Add onions to the pot and cook them until tender.
Japanese beef curry step by step
- Season the beef with salt and black pepper and rest it for 20 minutes.
- Cut your carrots in round shape, potatoes in dice and onion (shape isnt really matter, do what you think is fun).
- Prepare a small pot to boil all the ingredients later.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp of oil, cook the beef until brown and put that beef into the pot.
- Saute your carrots and potato until half tender and put them into the pot.
- Next sautee your onion and again put into the pot.
- In the pot that fill with the ingredients, add half glass of water or (depend on the quantity of your ingredients), let it boiled and add a half of the curry mix. Stir.
- Close the pot and let it simmer..
- Curry ready to be served.
Stir in garlic, ginger and grated apple and cook for two minutes. Add carrots, potatoes and spices and stir. Japanese curry is different from Indian or Thai curries. It is more of a brown stew and it can be mild or spicy, depending on your tastes. The curry roux, from no heat to very spicy, can be bought at any international grocery store.