Japanese Beef Curry. Savory and hearty Japanese beef curry made with beef, potatoes, carrots, mushroom, and Japanese curry roux. The flavor of Japanese curry is quite different from Indian or Thai curry. Basically, Japanese beef curry consists of beef, onions, carrots, potatoes, and curry roux.
While there are options to make it spicier, it is typically milder and sweeter than most Asian curries. So, if you are not a huge fan of spicy curries, this is the perfect one for you! Milk Japanese curry is my love at first bite. You can have Japanese Beef Curry using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Beef Curry
- You need 1 kg of Beef.
- You need 1 box of Japanese Curry (any brand).
- Prepare 4 of Potatoes.
- You need 4 of Carrots.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- It’s dash of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 can of mushroom.
Rich, thick, deep, complex flavors of sweet, savory, spicy. Recreated one of Tokyo's most highly rated Japanese Curry Beef Stew with simple everyday ingredients. Cook the beef cubes in a large pot and transfer them to a plate once they are cooked. Add onions to the pot and cook them until tender.
Japanese Beef Curry instructions
- Sautee garlic until golden brown. Add the onion and sautee until onion is caramelized. Add the mushrooms. Add the beef and let the flavors seep into the meat..
- Add the water. Let it boil until the meat is soft and juicy. You can adjust the measure of the water depending on how creamy you want your sauce to be..
- Peel the potatoes and carrots. Cut them in cubes or any shape desired..
- Once the meat is tender, unbox the curry mixture and incorporate into your soup. Stir until all mixture is melted and incorporated..
- Add the potatoes and carrots and let them boil..
- Add pepper and salt (optional since the curry is already tasty) to taste..
- Serve with rice..
Stir in garlic, ginger and grated apple and cook for two minutes. Add carrots, potatoes and spices and stir. Japanese curry is different from Indian or Thai curries. It is more of a brown stew and it can be mild or spicy, depending on your tastes. The curry roux, from no heat to very spicy, can be bought at any international grocery store.