Sausage and sprout stew. Great recipe for Sausage and sprout stew. We had gone to the local farmers market on a chilly morning and something warm (and different) sounded good. I grilled some of the ingredients to add flavor.
Actually it almost feels like cheating calling this a "recipe" because it's so simple and straightforward. Brussels sprouts and sausage soup recipe. Learn how to cook great Brussels sprouts and sausage soup. You can have Sausage and sprout stew using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and sprout stew
- It’s 1/2 medium of white onion.
- It’s 2 large of carrots.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- It’s 10 of brussel sprouts.
- Prepare 2 large of yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 5 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 of ears of corn.
- It’s 2 large of andouille sausages.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh spinach.
- You need 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Brussels sprouts and sausage soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. The rest of the stew is super simple, too. Brown sausage, add veggies, add beef stock, simmer, add some other goodness (more on that later), stir in barley, eat, and think, "Yep. I'm awesome." So, that other goodness.
Sausage and sprout stew step by step
- Sautee diced onion with olive oil in large pot.
- Add chopped carrots and celery.
- Add cubed potatoes and chicken broth.
- Add chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, pepper. Cover pot.
- Clean and cut sprouts in half.
- Drizzle olive oil over sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shuck and clean corn.
- Place sprouts and corn on medium high grill turning regularly. Remove grilled vegetables once desired color is reached.
- Place sausages on grill turning regularly. Remove grilled sausages once desired color is reached.
- Cut corn off cob and add to pot along with sprouts.
- Slice sausage into bite size pieces and add to pot along with thyme.
- Add spinach 10-15 minutes before you serve.
There are a couple of tricks we utilize here to make this stew extra, extra, extra special and perfect. The recipe is designed to be vegetarian, but my family eats it with chunks of homemade sausage mixed in. When sausage is browned, add bay leaves and caraway seeds to the pot. Partially cover pot and reduce heat to low or medium-low to maintain a steady simmer. Cook soup until potatoes and brussels sprouts are tender, about.