Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce. This inspired me to jazz up simple pan-seared chicken breasts with a sweet but tangy gastrique made from fresh summer berries. Needless to say, it was a hit. See recipes for Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce too.
Season the salmon with the salt and a few grinds of pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, basting salmon occasionally with a spoon. Pan Seared Copper River Salmon with Mustard Beurre Blanc. You can cook Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce
- Prepare of Salmon (as many as you want).
- It’s of Fingerling or baby potatoes.
- It’s of Béarnaise sauce.
- You need 1 of shallot finely diced.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of finely chopped tarragon.
- You need to taste of Salt / pepper.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon.
Seared to perfection, gorgeous fillets of wild Copper River Salmon are enhanced with a delicate and flavorful whole-grain mustard beurre blanc sauce. Serve over roasted fingerling potatoes or sautéed vegetables for an elegant but simple meal. We counted and there are approximately a million reasons to love wild salmon. But according to the queen of clean, craveable cooking, Pamela Salzman, how to cook wild salmon can be narrowed down to just seven simple, drool-worthy techniques.
Pan seared wild Salmon with roasted potato and béarnaise sauce step by step
- In a small sauté pan, sweat the shallots till wilted and translucent..
- For the sauce: in a blender add the egg yolk, Dijon, lemon juice, and the sautéed shallots season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Blend the mixture till incorporated, slowly add the clarified butter (while still warm) this will cook the egg yolk and make it smooth. It should coat the back of the spoon..
- When mixture is silky smooth add the tarragon, if too thick add a touch of warm water. (Now you have béarnaise..
- For the potatoes: coat with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Cook at 200C (395F) till fork tender..
- For the Salmon: pan sear skin down for about 7 min, flip and cook for 3 more min. Set aside and rest..
- NOTE: cooking time differ for different size pieces and donees basically cook it the way you want it 😊.
- Assemble: sauce on the bottom, potatoes and salmon. Get creative.
Wild salmon is a super-powered source of protein full of healthy fats and essential nutrients, and is also an amazingly versatile ingredient to work with. Once you have flipped the salmon, tilt the pan, allowing all on the remaining organic olive oil coat the bottom with the salmon for just a nice evenly cooked salmon filet. Cook for the next minute roughly, watching along with. Remove the pan from heat, flip the salmon back to your skin layer side, and allow it to cook a minute. Salt and pepper – so the salmon isn't bland.; Olive oil – to help brown the salmon and prevent sticking.; Chicken broth – to create a sauce.