Baked vegetable fritters. Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! Vegan vegetable fritters, light, crispy and loaded with fresh vegetables, are a perfect afternoon, finger-food snack for the kids or light main dish for the whole family. Combine flour, baking powder, slat, and pepper.
Veggie Potato Fritters – Crispy oil free fritters that are baked, not fried, make a perfect easy side dish or snack. They're a staple in nearly every household I know and in cuisines around the world. You're almost guaranteed a side of spuds in some fashion if you're eating out here in the U. You can have Baked vegetable fritters using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked vegetable fritters
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables (carrot, corn, green beans).
- You need 2 cups of spinach.
- It’s 1 cup of chickpea flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander and cumin powder mix.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s Pinch of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Tips and Variations for Best Zucchini Fritters. Baking: This recipe originally was posted as baked zucchini fritters. Types of zucchini: Any colour zucchini will work – green, light green or yellow. Any shape and size as well.
Baked vegetable fritters instructions
- Serve warm with either ketcup or tamarind sauce..
- Boil the potatoes and dice them.
- Cook the spinach until the leaves are wilted and drain the water out.
- Steam the frozen vegetables (5 -7 min).
- Sautee the onion in olive oil and add the garlic to it when it turns translucent. Sautee for anoth 1 min..
- Add the potatoes, spinach and vegetable mix..
- Add the spices, mix and let it all cook for 5 mins..
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well..
- In a mixing bowl mix the chickpea flour with some water ti bring it to the consistency of pancake batter – not too thick and not too runny, but somewhere in between. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may also season it with the same spices that were added in the vegetable mixture..
- Add the vegetable mixture to the batter and mix well..
- Grease a baking sheet and lay out small portions of the mixture. Bake for 20-25 min at 375 deg C..
Add the self-raising flour and beat the eggs in a small bowl lightly with a fork and add salt and pepper to taste. Don't forget corn, which can be cut right off the cob or even used straight from the freezer bag. Zucchini, however, should be drained after grating because of its high water content. The Best Baked Fritters Recipes on Yummly Oven-baked Castagnole Fritters, Prawn & Zucchini Fritters, Cauliflower Fritters..