Simple Harvest Chicken Noodle Soup. Other types of pasta can be used in place of the egg noodles in this recipe. Try elbow macaroni, ditalini or small shells. If you don't have time to cook chicken, purchase frozen chopped cooked chicken or a thick piece of deli chicken and cube it.
Add in the onion, celery, carrots, and some of the salt; saute, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add in the garlic and cook just until fragrant. Very easy and has a homemade taste. You can cook Simple Harvest Chicken Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Harvest Chicken Noodle Soup
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of cracked pepper.
- You need 3 of organic carrots with green tops, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of carrot green chopped.
- It’s 4 of organic celery stalks chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery greens from the center of stalk, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 large of white onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh italian parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour (rice if for GF).
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken broth or stock.
- Prepare 2 cup of fingerling potato, quatered.
- You need 3 cup of cooked roasted chicken, shredded.
- It’s 2 cup of dry noodles, whatever your preference. if using long noodles, break into quarters.
I did not cook the chicken first. I simmered it in the broth with the vegetables for more flavor. Used frozen egg noodles and added garlic. Also added two cans of condensed cream of chicken soup for a creamier soup.
Simple Harvest Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- chop celery carrot onion potato and garlic, chop celery greens, carrot greens and parsley.
- melt butter on medium high in a large stock pot.
- add all vegetables and herbs, salt and pepper, reserving potatoes for later. saute 5 mins.
- sprinkle flower on top of sauteed vegetables, stir and cook another 5 minutes.
- slowly stir in chicken stock, bring to boil, then add shredded chicken, quartered fingerling potatoes, reduce heat to simmer.
- simmer until vegetables are fork-tender, and 8 to 10 minutes before serving add noodles.
- when noodles are cooked, add salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!!!.
Just hold off on adding the pasta until you re-heat it later in the week (or in the month if you plan to freeze extras). Chicken Noodles Soup is an American classic!! And this rich and flavorful Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is an easy one to make! Your whole family will love it. This is an easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that I've made for years.