Potato Croquettes. Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides. This prevents the croquettes from crumbling while frying. Add milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to mashed potatoes.
Cook's Note: Cook in small batches, giving each croquette at least two inches of space around it to not overcrowd the pan. Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Potatoes – Cubed and peeled, we're making these mashed potatoes fresh. You can have Potato Croquettes using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Croquettes
- Prepare 4 of boiled and dried potatoes.
- It’s 1 of large finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of grated carrot.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped coriander.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare of Some water.
- You need 2 cups of breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Enough oil for deep frying.
Butter – Unsalted as we want to control the salt level of our dish. Milk – Feel free to substitute this for cream if you want extra decadent mashed potatoes. In order to make the Potato Croquettes, you need to use a mealy potato that becomes dry and fluffy when it is cooked. The Russet potato, also known as the Mighty Idaho, is the spud for us today.
Potato Croquettes step by step
- Mash the potatoes.
- Saute onions, garlic, ginger and coriander..
- In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, the sautéed mixture, grated carrots, and all dry spices.
- Give it a good mix..
- Oil your hands and form into desired shapes.
- In a bowl, put in the flour and add some water to form a semi thick paste.
- Over medium heat, bring enough oil for deep frying to heat in a frying pan or wok..
- Coat the croquettes in the paste, then coat them with the breadcrumbs. Deep fry until golden brown then serve, with dip of your choice. Enjoy!.
Just in case you are wondering, this is also the ideal potato to make Perfect Hash Brown Potatoes , gnocchi or would you believe CINNAMON ROLLS !!! Mashed Potato Croquettes are the stuff from which dreams are made. Soft, warm, comforting and the perfect use of leftover mashed potatoes. Potato croquettes make a strong case for proving that potatoes might just be better as leftovers. Drain and mash thoroughly, preferably with a ricer.