Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry). Mocha is known as Banana flower or Banana Blossom. Mochar ghonto is a traditional Bengali recipe which is really tasty and. #mocharghonto #bananaflowercurry #BongBawarchi Mochar Ghonto Recipe – Traditional Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Vegetarian Recipe with Banana Flower 'Mocha'. Mochar Ghonto is a traditional Bengali Recipe, where the banana flowers are cooked along with potato and aromatic spices.
Mochar ghonto is a favorite delicacy among Bengalis, but it is somewhat difficult and time-consuming to prepare, which may intimidate the first-timer. Chopping the banana blossom is somewhat time-consuming, and may seem difficult at first, but can be mastered with little practice. Mochar ghonto or banana blossom stir fry is unanimously the star of any lunch menu, yet it is so elusive. You can cook Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry)
- Prepare 1 of medium size banana blossom, cleaned and chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 of potato, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of boiled white / black chana (chickpeas).
- You need 2-3 tbsp of grated fresh coconut.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of " cinnamon.
- It’s 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar (opt).
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 2 of green chilies, slit.
- You need 1 tsp of atta (whole wheat flour) mixed with 1/4 cup water.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
Mochar ghonto can be prepared in both veg and non-veg ways. Some like it with shrimps including me, others use simply coconut and desi chickpea or chola (kala chana). "Mochar Ghonto" is a traditional Bengali side dish for lunch. This kind of veg curry goes well with steamed rice. This is a very unique Bengali recipe of Banana But cleaning Banana Blossoms is not very easy.
Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry) instructions
- First I recommend you to put on disposable gloves as the iron content in these flowers will discolour your nails & fingers. Then peel the layers of the banana blossom & remove the florets. Then from each floret discard a thick stamen from the centre & the outer cover. This is pretty time consuming so just be patient as the end result is really yummy..
- Soak the chopped banana blossom in tamarind water for an hour. Drain and pressure cook in required quantity of water, salt and pinch of turmeric powder for 4-5 whistles. Drain the water, rinse and mash well. Keep aside..
- Dry roast the coconut till golden in colour. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with cumin seeds, bay leaves, whole dry red chilies, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves..
- Add the potatoes and stir fry till light brown..
- Add the ginger paste and all the dry spices (except garam masala powder) mixed with some water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the boiled banana blossom and green chilies. Saute for 2- minutes. Sprinkle some water and cook, covered on a low flame..
- When almost done, add the boiled chickpeas, sauteed coconut and flour paste. Mix everything well and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- When done, add garam masala powder & ghee. Give it a stir and switch the flame..
- Serve with hot steamed rice or chapatis..
It will take an hour to clean all the banana flowers. Mochar Ghonto, in Bengali 'Mochar' means 'banana blossom' & 'Ghonto' is roughly a 'mashed stir fry'. Prepping banana blossoms is a labourious activity, but it is worth Prep the banana blossoms, grind a basic Bengali garam masala and make the curry using potato, chickpeas and coconut milk. Mochar Ghonto or Banana Flower or Blossom Curry is another traditional Bengali preparation which is disappearing from our pantry these days. When they start to crackle add pre-cooked banana flowers and mix well.
Salmon,Balsamic beetroot, sweet potato purée, spinach, sauce vierge, raisin&caper vinaigrette. Balsamic Glazed Beetroot is a wintery classic to serve with hearty mains like roasts or casseroles. The glaze doubles as a sauce too." Using canned beetroot is cost effective The glaze is thick and sweet and has the intense flavour of balsamic vinegar so it doubles as a sauce for the meat as well.. Loaded Sweet Potato & Chicken CasseroleTyson.
Pan Seared Crispy Salmon with Garlic Cauliflower Puree. Easy, delicious and healthy Grilled Salmon with Sweet Potatoes & Spinach recipe from SparkRecipes. Place a portion of salmon on a bed of spinach along with a portion-size yam on each plate. You can cook Salmon,Balsamic beetroot, sweet potato purée, spinach, sauce vierge, raisin&caper vinaigrette using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon,Balsamic beetroot, sweet potato purée, spinach, sauce vierge, raisin&caper vinaigrette
- You need of Salmon fillet.
- You need of Roasted balsamic beetroot.
- Prepare of Beetroot.
- It’s of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need of Sautéed spinach.
- It’s of Spinach.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of Sweet potato purée.
- You need of Sweet potato.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Sauce vierge.
- Prepare of Shallot.
- It’s of Tomato.
- Prepare of Basil.
- It’s of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Caper and raisin vinaigrette.
- You need of Caper.
- Prepare of Golden raisin.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Parmesan crisp.
- You need of Parmesan.
Add balsamic vinegar and honey to skillet. Spoon glaze over salmon and spinach and serve. small sweet potato. soy sauce. spinach. Is baby tired of simple purées? Try introducing baby to this recipe, which adds dill for extra Vitamin A and C.
Salmon,Balsamic beetroot, sweet potato purée, spinach, sauce vierge, raisin&caper vinaigrette step by step
- Cut beetroot into cube around 1-2cm, season them with some salt, black pepper and olive oil, roast it in the oven at 200c for about 6-8 minute or roast until it tender/soft..
- While waiting, peel sweet potato and cook them in boiling water until it become really soft.
- When the beetroot cooked, heat a frying pan and sauté beetroot with some butter, drizzle some balsamic vinegar, let it glazed, and put it a side.
- Soaked your raisin in hot water and wait until it become tender/slightly soft, put caper and raisin in blender, and a good amount of olive oil while it blend in the blender, let it emulsify together and put it a side..
- Once sweet potato cooked, purée or blend them in blender or food processor with some cooking liquor and butter until you get a nice smooth purée and season them to your taste..
- Sauté spinach with some butter, salt and black pepper..
- For the sauce vierge, blanch tomato in hot boiling water for a few second, and put it in cold water, peel tomato skin and take out the seeds, chop shallot and tomato into small fine dice, put them in a bowl drizzle some olive oil salt paper and throw in chopped basil..
- Grated some Parmesan cheese and place it on baking tray with some baking paper in it, put it in oven and let it cook until it become crispy..
- Heat up a frypan with some oil, season your salmon with salt and black pepper, cook it skin side down as we want a nice crispy skin result, cook each 3-4 minute each side (depending size of salmon) when it cook it should have a nice crisp and colour on the skin with a nice pink flesh..
- Plate it like picture above, or u can plate it as u like ! Enjoy 😊.
It will also aid in baby's digestion and help reduce gas from other foods. Plus my new favorite method for perfect baked salmon! Denise Bustard is the creator of Sweet Peas and Saffron, a meal prep-focussed food blog. With a PhD in biochemistry, Denise takes a scientific. Tender salmon is baked to perfection and served with a mouthwatering sauce featuring Swanson® Chicken Stock, orange juice, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar.
Patchwork Dinner. It has a light border with a flower print and the binding is a deep cranberry. QUILT AS YOU GO Placemats for a Midnight Quilt Show DINNER PARTY with Angela Walters. I love patchwork. • Рекомендовано вам.
We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community for their go-to easy dinner ideas — the ones perfect for busy nights where you don't want to spend hours in the kitchen, but still want something more. The Patchwork Traditional Food Company – Award-winning Pâté (including chicken liver pâté) as well as delicious jams, chutneys and goodies from Wales, UK. Welcome to Patchwork Square — a place for quilters to download free quilt block patterns, for personal use. You can cook Patchwork Dinner using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Patchwork Dinner
- You need of Hotdogs————.
- You need 1 pound of hotdogs 8.
- You need of Beef—————————-.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onions.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare of Multicolored potatoes——————-.
- It’s 1/3 pound of multicolored potatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s To taste of kosher salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare As needed of bacon drippings from bacon cooked in recipe.
- Prepare of Mashed potatoes————————.
- It’s 2 cup of mashed potatoes see any of my recipes.
- You need of Toppings——————————–.
- It’s 2 ounce of bacon.
- It’s of Butter Sauce——————–.
- You need of Drippings of the bacon and the butter from potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need To taste of kosher salt and pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Whether you are new to quilting or are someone who has enjoyed this passion for a while, you. It's easy to make a fabulous patchwork quilt with this simple method of machine-stitching squares together. I am a quilter who loves to combine beautiful fabrics to create quilts. I sell these handmade quilts on Etsy, Ebay, Amazon and Patchwork Mountain.
Patchwork Dinner step by step
- Slice and Crisp the bacon. Save the bacon drippings..
- Wash, dry, and slice the multicolored potatoes. Slice medium in size..
- Melt the butter in a pan add bacon drippings. Then add the multicolored potatoes and sauté them. Season the potatoes, when fork tender and set aside. Save this drippings butter mixture..
- This can be done while the multicolored potatoes are cooking. Brown the ground sirloin with the dehydrated onions add salt and black pepper, to taste. As that is going, make regular mashed potatoes see any of my recipes. Note: The mashed potatoes can be made ahead of time..
- Slice the hotdogs on a bias. Panfry them till caramelized..
- Get some plates, and add, to how ever many different servings, a few of the multicolored potatoes, surrounded by hotdogs..
- Add some mashed potatoes in the center atop the multicolored potatoes. Make a small crater in the center of the mashed potatoes..
- Add some of the ground sirloin to the craters in the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with bacon pieces..
- Sauce time; use the butter and bacon drippings mixture you sautéed the potatoes in, and add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute..
- Add flour to the melted butter stirring constantly till thickened. This will make your Roux..
- Pour in the milk. Stirring constantly till milk has thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make sure it is creamy no lumps. Simmer for 7 minutes stirring often. If the sauce is too thick and more milk till thinned out..
- Add the butter garlic sauce, by drizzling over the top of the whole dish, on each plate..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Get user reviews on all Living products. Whimsical quilted craft patterns by Laurraine Yuyama. Small quilt projects inspired by tea & garden. Patchwork lets you collect money from friends and family to fund gifts and experiences – in a way Alternative gift registry and honeymoon fund With Patchwork you can, quite literally, make dreams. Bracelet kit and patch are only available through Patchwork Designs, Inc. melody book- free Michigan patch.
Oven Baked PARMESAN And Garlic Fries.
You can have Oven Baked PARMESAN And Garlic Fries using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked PARMESAN And Garlic Fries
- It’s 1 small of bag potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Garlic pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ms dash seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Minced onion.
- You need 1 tsp of Basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic and herb pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 box of PARMESAN cheese.
Oven Baked PARMESAN And Garlic Fries step by step
- Wash and cut the potatoes in slices,season with all the seasoning and the olive oil.spray the baking pan and add the potatoes n bake at 350 for 45 minutes are untill done.when fully cooked add PARMESAN cheese to cover and bake untill melted .i put on the broiler to crust it a little and you are done ..
Cabbage and Mutton mince Spring Rolls.
You can cook Cabbage and Mutton mince Spring Rolls using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Mutton mince Spring Rolls
- Prepare 500 gms of Mutton minced.
- It’s 11/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic ,minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need 2 cups of Cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
Cabbage and Mutton mince Spring Rolls step by step
- Wash and drain the mince well. Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan. Keep the heat on a low. Saute onion and ginger plus garlic at first. Add the spices next along with the mince. Mix well. Cover and cook on a medium-high heat until all the water from the meat gets evaporated..
- Now add the shredded Cabbage. Adjust salt and garnish with coriander leaves. Keep stirring it for a while about 5-8 minutes until the raw smell of the Cabbage is gone. Take it off the heat. Let it cool down a bit before making the Spring Rolls..
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the filling on the Spring Roll sheet and secure it up with the flour paste. (add about 2-3 tablespoons of the all-purpose flour to about 2 tablespoons of water and make a semi-thick paste).
- Deep fry them on a medium high heat in hot oil until golden brown and done. Serve these crisp Spring Rolls with hot sauce or ketchup whichever is your preferred option. Enjoy!.
Sausage cheese balls. In the case of this sausage cheese balls appetizer, you must be quick and easy to prepare, include a make-ahead option and be ranked as a hands-down favorite with hungry family members and party. Easy Sausage Cheese Balls. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These biscuit mix cheesy sausage balls are a holiday staple as an appetizer and also grace many a table for holiday breakfasts as well!
And first up is a simple trio of ingredients that. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Normally sausage cheese balls are made with Bisquick, but I never have the stuff on hand so I make them from scratch. You can cook Sausage cheese balls using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage cheese balls
- It’s 1 lb of Hot ground sausage.
- It’s 1 cup of Bisquick.
- It’s 2 cup of Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded).
They turn out amazing and I actually prefer them this way now. These even better sausage balls are a twist on a classic recipe. One batch may not even be enough once you take one bite. This classic sausage cheese ball recipe makes a great appetizer recipe or enjoyed as a breakfast treat.
Sausage cheese balls step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients together..
- Roll into balls.
- Bake at 350° for apx. 20 mins until golden brown. Flip half way through cooking..
It is a fairly flexible recipe, you can use the un-seasoned ground pork or you can use a flavored. These easy sausage cheese balls are the perfect appetizer, they're packed full of savory flavor! Try serving bisquick sausage balls at your next party! We're heading into holiday party season and I. Sweet Potato Sausage Cheese Balls are a fun appetizer for any occasion.
You can cook Potato Fries using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Fries
- You need 2 large of potatoes chopped the long way and peeled.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of oil.
Potato Fries step by step
- preheat your pan on a medium heat with an inch of oil.
- When it starts to smoke lower the temperature to simmer and throw in your fries along with your ingredients. Your tsp of salt, cover fries in pepper and italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Cook until your fries look brown all over. Check them every 2-3 min and when you take them out they may be a little oily. So place them on paper towels when you take them out. Soon you will have your own fries in no time, enjoy when you do!.
Shelly's Swiss Steak.
You can cook Shelly's Swiss Steak using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shelly's Swiss Steak
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of eye of round steak.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots whole or diced.
- Prepare 2 of .stalked of diced celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- It’s 3 of small potatoes quartered.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 C of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 of beef broth or onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1 tbl of tomato paste.
- You need tsp of paprika, oregano, thyme.
- Prepare of s&p.
- You need tbl of worcheshire, liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 can of diced or stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbl of oil/butter.
Shelly's Swiss Steak step by step
- Pound out meat. 1inch thick..
- Season flour and dredge. Season well. Shake off excess flour..
- Sautee veggies and garlic 1-2 minutes. Scrape bottom with some beef broth..
- Add tomatoes, liquid smoke, worcheshire, broth, seasonings. Bring to simmer. Taste.
- Oven 325 for 2 hours..
You can cook Corn Chowder using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corn Chowder
- Prepare 1 packages of 12 oz Bacon – diced.
- It’s 4 stick of Celery – diced.
- You need 1/2 of Round Sweet Onion – diced.
- Prepare 3 large of Potatoes – cut in small cubes.
- It’s 1 each of 26oz Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 of Roux – for thickening of soup (fist size).
- You need 1 pinch of Salt & Pepper & Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 quart of Heavy Cream.
- You need 3 can of Sweet Corn.
Corn Chowder step by step
- Fry bacon until crispy.
- Add Celery, Onion & Corn – sauté for a few minutes with 1/2 the roux..
- Add seasoning. Careful on the salt as bacon and chicken stock is already salty..
- Add chicken stock and potatoes. Simmer (1.6 heat/low heat) for 20 minutes..
- Add heavy cream on high heat until boil. Add remaining roux for thickening..
Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side. Fill up at lunchtime with this healthy salmon and broccoli mixed grain bowl. Mexican Chopped Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing from Dinners Dishes and Dessert. Spicy Kale Caesar Salad with Roasted Garlic →.
This low-carb dinner will still satisfy all of your comfort food cravings. Serve it with vegetable or whole grain rice on the side. It gets its flavor and texture from nutritional yeast, roasted garlic hummus, and cashews. You can have Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side
- It’s of salad.
- It’s 400 grams of flaked steak of salmon (pre-cooked and smoked if available) or bite size grilled chicken breasts or thinly sliced grilled steak..
- You need 150 grams of pre-chopped and washed salad greens mix (eg: lettus, red radicchio and shredded yellow carrots).
- You need 50 grams of Arugula leaves.
- You need 1 of or 2 small cucumbers (you can slice it into long strips with a potato pealer and slice the remaining inside part as normal).
- It’s 1/2 of red sweet capsicum (cut into small cubes).
- You need 1/2 of yellow sweet capsicum (cut into small cubes).
- It’s 1/2 can of precooked chickpeas ( 400 gram can).
- It’s of dressing.
- It’s 2 tbsp of prepared horseradish paste.
- It’s 4 tbsp of EVOO.
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juiced) or a dash of vinegar if you don't have lemon juice.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of dried parsley or 2 tbsp fresh chopped.
- Prepare of garlic bread.
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of french baguette – you can use brown as a healthy option.
- You need 1 of butter – or low fat alternative.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic split in half.
These healthy lunch and dinner salads rely on hearty grains, lean protein, and immensely flavorful dressings. Look for medium stalks rather than pencil-thin. This honey garlic salmon is salmon fillets seared to perfection and coated in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce. The perfect easy and healthy dinner for a busy weeknight!
Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side step by step
- If you can't find the pre-cooked and smoked salmon steak flakes (the package normally says salad smoked salmon flakes), you can cook a couple of salmon steaks to your liking. You can use my Salmon steak recipe. Just leave to cool before adding to the salad. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/442721-grilled-salmon-steaks.
- This salad works as well with grilled chicken cut into bite size pieces or thinly sliced grilled steak or even cocktail shrimps or a mix of non-cooked mushrooms instead of the salmon. You can cook the protein any way you prefer, but I prefer grilling, roasting in the oven or pan frying. Follow the rest of the steps as normal but substitute the salmon with the protein of your choice. The amount of protein specified in this recepie is a personal prefrence, you can use less if you want..
- Cut the half of baguette all the way through like a sandwish then cut each side in two to get 4 slices (2 per person.
- Spread butter on the slices from the previous step.
- put them in the oven on 180°C for 4 minutes or until crisp and golden yellow on the top (make sure you keep an eye on them as each oven is different). Rub the halved garlic clove on the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven ..
- In the meantime, assemble all the ingredients for the salad – leave out half of the chikpeas and all the salmon.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients. I didn't have lemons so added a dash of vinegar instead. Taste and adjust to taste. You may want to add salt and pepper if needed. Found this dressing on "tesco.com" as a part of an other recipe..
- Add the dressing a bit at a time on the salad then mix well and taste. If preparing beforehand, only do steps 6 and 7 (and 1 or 2 if choosing one of those options) then do the rest of the steps just before serving..
- Add the salmon flakes and the rest of the chikpeas on top.
- Serve the salad with the garlic bread on the side.
Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Double down on the garlic and lemon for your salmon and you've got a match made in kitchen heaven. You can roast this garlic broccoli right alongside the salmon so that dinner is completely hands-off and yet so satisfyingly delicious! Greek Salmon Salad Recipe from The Mediterranean Dish. This quick salmon dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner.