Palak dum aloo. Hii i am Rashmi Bhagat and you are watching CURRY BASKET. This is vegn and vegetarian food recipes channel. and this recipe is vegan. Hello everyone, here we are presenting to you a blend of typical classic Kashmiri dum aloo and an iron rich veggie, palak which comes up as a tasty, healthy.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo & Restaurant Style. Aloo palak can be made in a number of ways. I also make it in several ways, sometimes I add water to the spinach and make it like a curry and then add potatoes to it, like in this Instant Pot version. You can cook Palak dum aloo using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Palak dum aloo
- You need 2 cups of chopped Palak.
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of medium Potato, boiled.
- It’s 1 of Green Chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of grated Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cumin-Coriander Powder (dhania-jeera powder).
- You need 2 of large tomato chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri Methi,.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Cooking Oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Dum Aloo (also spelled as Dam Aloo) or Aloor Dum (Bengali: আলুর দম, Hindi: दम आलू) is a potato based dish, it is a part of the traditional Kashmiri Pandit cuisine, from the Kashmir Valley, in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Aloo palak recipe – Stir fried Indian spinach potato recipe. Aloo refers to potatoes & palak to This aloo palak sabzi has always been their favorite and they love this stuffed in kathi rolls, wraps, bread. aloo palak is a dry stir-fried Indian sabzi which is made with handful of ingredients! To make aloo palak we have used minimum spices as spinach and aloo are enough together.
Palak dum aloo step by step
- Clean and wash palak. Peel and chop boiled potato (aloo) into small cubes. Add salt while boiling the potatoes for evenly salty taste..
- Deep fry the patato cubes..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger and green chilli and sauté for 30 seconds on low flame..
- Add half of chopped onion and sauté until it turns translucent..
- Add chopped palak and mix well..
- Cook for approx. 3 minutes over medium flame while stirring in between every few seconds. Turn off the flame and let it cool. Grind sautéed onion-spinach in a blender and make a smooth puree..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan. Add remaining chopped onion and sauté until light brown..
- Add chopped, tomato garam masala powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well..
- Add prepared palak puree and cook on low heat for 5 minutes..
- Add fry potatoes and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup water and kasuri methi; bring it to boil over medium flame..
- Cook until you get the desired consistency of gravy for approx. 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer palak dum aloo to a serving bowl..
- Serve hot…..
I had aloo palak for the first time only last year in a friends home,when they served it along with I make palak paneer at home as Aj loves it and I thought I can make it the same way except for the. Aloo Palak is a classic Punjabi dish prepared with potatoes and spinach. I have already posted the dry version which goes very well with rice and chapati. Aloo Palak-How to make Aloo Palak. This Aloo Palak recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food.