SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup). Soto is a popular Indonesian-style chicken soup. They can be easily found as street food or in the restaurants pretty much anywhere you go in Indonesia. This soto Banjar comes from the island of South of Kalimantan (Kalimantan Selatan), in particularly, the city of Banjarmasin (or.
Combine the chicken broth, water, and parsley and cilantro sprigs in a medium-size soup pot. Remove the chicken and let cool slightly. Soto Banjar yang ngetop ini memang mantap dengan aroma harum rempah super menggoda. You can cook SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup)
- You need 1 of chicken, cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare 2 of litter water.
- It’s 1/2 of nutmeg.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 4 cm of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom.
- Prepare 2 stalk of lemon grass.
- You need 2 cm of gingger.
- Prepare 1 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 10 of shallots.
- Prepare 7 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 100 g of vermicelli (glass noodles), soaked in hot water and drain.
- You need 3 of spring onions, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 of chinese parsley, thinly chopped.
- It’s 3 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of fried shallots.
- Prepare of Ketupat (rice cake) or rice.
- It’s of Potato Croquettes.
- You need of Sweet Soy Sauce and lime.
- Prepare of For Sambal :.
- Prepare 50 gram of red chillies.
- It’s 10 of bird's eye chilli.
- Prepare of Salt and sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
Saya pernah membuat soto Banjar sebelumnya, resepnya bisa diklik pada link disini. Waktu itu saya membuatnya berdasarkan bumbu kira-kira setelah mencicipi soto Banjar buatan teman asli Banjar. Rub the chicken and duck carcasses in vegetable oil and brown in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium heat and add the celery, onions, carrots, and water.
SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) instructions
- Boil the chicken in 2 litter water until tender, drain and shred meat when cool. Reserve 1 1/2 liters stock. Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth..
- Grind shallot, garlic, gingger, lemon grass, turmeric until fine. Heat the margarine and saute the ground seasoning until fragrant. Add wrap spices and papper..
- Put the sauteed spices into the stock. Cover the saucepan, and continue to simmer for about 30 minute..
- For the Sambal: Grind all ingredients together except oil, heat oil and saute the ground ingredients until fragrant..
- For potato croquettes: Mash about 350 gram boiled potatoes,and add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg and 1 egg yolk. Shape into balls. Deep in the beaten egg white, and fry until golden brown..
- How to serve : Arrange rice cake or rice, glass noodles, shredded chicken, spring onions and parsley in a bowl. Add a few pieces of egg and potatoe croquettes. Pour boiling chicken stock over and garnish with fried shallots. Serve with Sambal, soy sauce and lime..
Chicken Sotanghon (chicken glass noodles or cellophane noodles soup), it is an all time best cure-all soup. It's good for heartaches and flu. Rich and fragrant, this Indonesian chicken soup is a much-loved classic. It's a recipe that brings people together. Rinse with cold water and drain again.