Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies!
How to prepare Meat Pie (Fish & Veg Pie as well). Pepper Steak and Mushroom Meat Pie Recipe. She is French so I believe this is a French Meat Pie. You can have Meat pie using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- You need 1000 grams of flour.
- Prepare 500 grams of magarine.
- You need of Rolling pin.
- It’s of Cutter.
- Prepare of Egg wash.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s of Tap water for mixing.
- Prepare of (Filling ingredients).
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- You need of Irish potato.
- It’s of Thyme and curry.
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s of Onions.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Beef, pork, and potato are all nicely spiced and. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from.
Meat pie step by step
- Mix flour and magarine to a fine crumbs.
- Add tap water gradually to get a pliable soft dough.
- Knead abit and set aside to relax for at most 30minutes to enable easy handling.
- Dice your carrots, Irish potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 160degrees.
- Place frying pan on heat and add 4 tablespoons vegetable oil. Heat a bit and sauté your onions..
- Add curry and time to the sautéed onions, add your minced meat, add little water to the filling to cook the mince meat.
- After about 5minutes,the meat is done when it changes from pink to brown colour.
- Add the diced Irish potatoes, carrots and steam for some minutes..
- Taste for seasoning and salt. Drop from heat and allow to cool..
- Cut a chunk of dough and roll out not too thin, using a rolling pin..
- Cut out a circle from the rolled out dough using a round clean object or meat pie cutter..
- Add the meat pie filling in the middle of the circle and brush the edges with egg wash, using food brush..
- Fold one end of the circle to the other and merge with a fork meshed in egg wash to avoid opening in the oven during baking.
- Bake for 40minutes or more for crispy pies.
Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! There are so many Meat Pie Recipes around the world, and the Aussie Meat Pie is one of my favorites! An Australian classic enjoyed by young and old. Enjoyed as individual pies or family size.