Poha Cutlets. veg poha patties with step by step photo and video recipe. there are several variation to simple vegetable cutlet recipe and it can be prepared with bread, corn, mixed vegetables and paneer. in this recipe post, poha or beaten rice is used as main ingredient which later pan fried till golden crisp. it can be great appetizer for your next potluck. Poha cutlet recipe with step by step photos – this is an easy and tasty snack recipe of mix veg poha cutlet or poha tikkis. Poha or flattened rice is an ingredient that can be used in many ways.
Poha Cutlets are the easy, healthy, and quick snack for tea time. Poha Cutlets is an easy and tasty snack recipe that is ideal for party starter or kids snack recipe. This recipe helps to make an oil-free version of poha cutlets. You can cook Poha Cutlets using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poha Cutlets
- Prepare 1 cup of poha.
- You need 3 of large potatoes, boiled.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, grated.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of piece of ginger.
- It’s 4-5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of green chillies, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chaat masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of zeera powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Oil for frying.
Poha is an ingredient that can be used in many ways. Poha Cutlets with step by step photos. Poha Vegetable Cutlets are made with beaten rice flakes (poha) is made in an iron pounder that contributes for its iron content. No wonder these yummy cutlets are packed with the richness of iron!
Poha Cutlets step by step
- Wash the poha and set aside. Boil and mash the potatoes. Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Saute till the garlic is slightly golden in colour. Add the chopped green chillies and saute for a few minutes. Now add the onions and cook till translucent..
- Add the grated carrots and capsicum and saute for a few minutes. Switch off flame and let it cool..
- To the mashed potatoes add all the dry masala and salt. Once the sauteed vegetables are cool add them to the potatoes. Also add the washed poha. Adjust the seasoning if needed and bring everything together..
- Shape the mixture into cutlets of any shape you like. Heat oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the cutlets on both sides. Enjoy with sauce or chutney..
Addition of lemon juice also helps in absorption of iron. Poha cutlet recipe with mixed vegetables. I got this idea of making cutlet from poha from an incident which happened last week. I made it almost like how we make vegetable cutlet and it turned out soo delicious. This poha cutlet with mixed vegetables tastes more or less like our regular cutlets so mittu enjoyed it soo much as a after school snack.