Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup.
You can cook Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup
- Prepare 2 lb of Purple Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of Large Leeks (sliced thin).
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped Red Onion.
- It’s 2 clove of Large Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 quart of Chicken (or Veg) stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh Sage (chopped).
- Prepare 4 oz of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper.
Purple Potato Sage & Leek Soup step by step
- Cold water rinse then salt/brine boil whole potatoes until fork can spear them (about 30-40 minutes).
- Chop garlic, onion, sage and leeks, then melt butter in a pan and sauté until softened (about 3-4 minutes) leeks should still be slightly firm. Then add 1 cup stock to pan and stir for about a minute until all the liquid is absorbed – turn heat off and let sit.
- When potatoes are ready, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, then place them into a food processor or blender. whip. they will turn into a creamy/sticky/gooey consistency. Use some stock and whip in and loosen the goo then pour into soup pot.
- Next put the sautéed veg into the processor and burst chop until minced (don't cremate or texture of soup will be off) – again use a bit of stock to loosen the buttery veg mix and mix in, then dump into pot and stir the whole mixture together while adding the remaining stock (less stock for a thicker consistency) and salt/pepper.
- Bring to a medium boil while stirring frequently. At boil, lower to simmer and slowly stir in cream (can add more or less to preference). simmer 20 minutes on low heat to thicken (longer for thicker) and turn off heat. Let pot sit covered for 10-20 minutes with an occasional stir before serving to finish..
- Refrigerate excess immediately in an air tight container – do not freeze. Will keep 4-6 days if refrigerated and well sealed (zero air). The cream will spoil rapidly if left to sit/exposed to air.