Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes. To serve, place two spoonfuls of the sautéed potatoes onto each plate and spoon equal portions of the beef stroganoff alongside. With its tender chunks of beef coated in a luscious creamy sauce and served over a bed of buttery noodles, it's no wonder Beef Stroganoff is such a hit. Half the potatoes and scoop out the insides, keeping the scooped out potato for later.
To serve, place two spoonfuls of the sautéed potatoes onto each plate and spoon equal portions of the beef stroganoff alongside. Beef Stroganoff or beef Stroganov (Russian: бефстроганов, tr. befstróganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with smetana (sour cream). This classic beef stroganoff recipe uses ingredients commonly kept on hand for an easy and delicious family meal. You can cook Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes
- It’s 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pounds of beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- You need 2 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of fresh sliced chives.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sautéed potatoes for serving.
Make any weeknight feel like a special occasion with this ground beef stroganoff: the luscious sauce of sauteed mushrooms and sour cream is ready in half an hour. Beef stroganoff is often served over fried potatoes in Russia. Made with tender chunks of beef, sauteed mushrooms, & sour cream, this easy Beef Stroganoff is that ultimate comfort food that you NEED in your life! Beef Stroganoff, in its simplest form, is simply tender beef with a mushroom and sour cream sauce served over rice or noodles.
Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes instructions
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your pan over high heat and add oil. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, for 5-6 minutes, or until liquid evaporates and meat is browned. Remove meat from the pan and set aside..
- Add butter, mushrooms, onions and garlic into the pan, season them with salt and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to develop some color. Stir in flour and cook for about 1 minute..
- Stir in 3 cups of stock and add your beef. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour or until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened. Stir in sour cream, chives and serve over sautéed potatoes..
In this beef stroganoff, hearty pieces of inexpensive beef cook alongside mushrooms, onion, and broth in the slow cooker. Just before serving, you'll stir in sour cream to thicken the sauce, giving it a rich and creamy texture. Serve this hearty stew over buttered egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or polenta for a. Then check out this beef stroganoff with potatoes. MORE+ LESS Cover any leftover stroganoff and refrigerate it for up to three days.