Shepard pie easy and cheating. You need to prepare fresh ground pepper. Sophie's Shepherds Pie View Recipe this link opens in a new tab. Let's start with a traditional take, made with lamb mince! "It's so cheap, quick, and easy to make.
This is a quick, and easy American twist on the traditional Irish shepherd's pie. For this savory pie, ground beef, onions, veggies, herbs and spices marry perfectly: Everything is sauteed together and then combined with broth and tomato paste, and simmered until ready to pour into a prepared pie crust. The hearty filling is then topped with fluffy mashed potatoes, sprinkled with Cheddar cheese, and baked. You can cook Shepard pie easy and cheating using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepard pie easy and cheating
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or sausage or lamp for vegetarians use morning star or Boca meat.
- It’s 2 pinch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 can of french style green beans.
- It’s 1/3 bunch of mushroom.
- It’s 1/2 of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 4 of mashed potatoes.
- You need of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 of vegatable oil.
Tips Easy Substitution Tip: You can substitute store-bought refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes or homemade mashed potatoes for the instant, if you like. While the oven is heating, season the beef. The "traditional" Shepherds Pie was made with minced lamb because that was abundantly available, England didn't have lots of cows but there were plenty of sheep. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
Shepard pie easy and cheating instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. It starts with a good base which is gonna be the ground beef or sausage it has to be properly brown and season. With a little bit of salt cumin and sazon.
- Also if your starting the baked potatoes from blank. I'm assuming you know how to make bake potatoes if you're not please put oregano and seasoning in the mixture.with plenty of butter.
- I prefer a can of green beans French cut but if you choose regular peas make sure you drain the juices from the can and sauteed them for about 15 min during the sauteed process please add mushrooms. Also a little bit of ground pepper.
- In a casserole pan please put a thin coat of vegatable oil. layer of ground beef. Than a layer of green beans. Than a layer of cheese. Than a layer of mashed potatoes..
- Place in oven til for fifteen min or till it's a little brown on top.
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper when is done.
Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Before you bake it, let the pie cool, then cover with foil or plastic wrap and heat at a later date. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. So, this is how you spell it: Shepherd's Pie. But, from doing a quick google search, it came to my attention that TONS of people think it's Shepards Pie.