Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes. The Best Chicken Pot Pie from Scratch! Did your chicken pot pie first and loved it! Tonight it's steak and mushroom pot pie with the same recipe!
I went ahead and tried this meatless version (but with smoked. Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the pan and set aside. Remove from the heat and set aside with the chicken and mushrooms. You can have Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes
- It’s of Pot pie.
- It’s 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 400 g of cooked chicken chunks.
- You need 7 of large mushrooms.
- It’s 50 g of peas.
- It’s 3 tbsp of white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of English mustard.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need 1 squeeze of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 of an onion, finely duced.
- You need of Sautéed Potatoes.
- Prepare 7 of large potatoes.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Salt.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for about three minutes, stirring constantly until it has formed a thick smooth paste (this is called a roux). These easy chicken pot pies are oozing with a creamy filling that's made using a cheat – a can of mushroom soup! These hearty pies are perfect for warming you through on cold, winter nights or they can be enjoyed in the spring sunshine with homemade mashed potato and fresh spring greens. All the best parts of chicken pot pie – creamy sauce, tender vegetables and juicy chicken – loaded on top Lightly rub the potatoes with olive oil and wrap each potato in tin foil.
Chicken and Mushroom Pot Pie with Sautéed Potatoes step by step
- Roll out the puff pastry: mark the outline of the pot on the rolled pastry (1/2 cm thick) and cut about a centimetre outwards from the mark you made the with the pot. Flour generously and set aside..
- Add the mushrooms and onion to a pot and cook until the mushrooms have shrunk. Add in tomato paste, flour, white wine, mustard and the stock cube..
- Once everything is evenly coated, add in the chopped chicken and top up until everything is submerged with boiling water. This is the filling. You will want to reduce it enough so that it doesn't make the pastry soggy, but also so it's not dry..
- Preheat the oven to 190C..
- Add in the peas and salt and pepper to taste. Fill up each pot evenly and then place the pastry on top, wrapping it around the sides. Cut a small slit in the top. Brush on the beaten egg as an egg wash..
- Cook for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, parboil the potatoes for 5 minutes. Strain them once done and place on a chopping board. Salt thoroughly..
- Cube the potatoes and add into a pan with 1 tbsp of the butter, which should be very hot..
- Give it a mix a bit to stop burning, and, once it has gotten a bit crispy on all edges, add in the rest of the butter, garlic and rosemary. Baste the potatoes with the hot herby butter..
- Take the pots out of the oven and place onto a plate. Add the sautéed potatoes and a dollop of mustard. Enjoy!.
Pierce through the foil and skin Another yummy thing to put on a baked potato is creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms. A satisfying chicken and mushroom one-pot that makes a great family supper or freeze leftovers for another day. This easy chicken pot pie recipe is veggie loaded and made in no time at all thanks to the instant pot. The sweet potatoes did all the. Next time, will also add some cooked diced potatoes.