Chettinad Potato Fry. This Chettinad style recipe is a potato roast recipe cooked in a different and flavorful way. It is not the same as regular aloo fry. Plus this recipe is not deep fried and it is made in very less oil.
Ingredients for Chettinad Potato Fry Recipe. Add this tempering to the potatoes and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes. You can cook Chettinad Potato Fry using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chettinad Potato Fry
- It’s of For Chettinad Masala.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Urad dal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chana dal.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- It’s 5 of Red dried chilies.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper corn.
- You need of Other Ingredients.
- You need 15-20 of Boiled and Peeled Baby Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Onion chopped.
- You need 8-9 of Curry leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need Pinch of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
Chettinad cuisine is well known for their freshly ground spice mixes and this recipe is no exception. Among the myriad ways to prepare this fry, Chettinad Potato Roast is one very scrumptious dry curry. Chettinad potato roast with step by step photos. A very tasty and easy to make side dish for rice.
Chettinad Potato Fry step by step
- For Chettinad Masala Dry roast all the whole dry spices for 2-3 minutes on a medium to low flame. Let it cool down. Grind it to a coarse powder. You can store this masala in an airtight container as well and keep it refrigerated. It stays fresh up to a month..
- For Chettinad Potato Fry Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Let it splutter. Now add curry leaves and onions..
- Once onion gets sauteed, add Boiled and peeled baby potatoes. Mix well gently and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add salt and prepared Chettinad Masala to it. Stir it well. Only 3/4 prepared masala will go in this recipe or you can adjust as per your taste. and remaining you stored as I mentioned earlier..
- Let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes or it turns slightly golden. Switch off the flame..
- Chettinad Potato Fry is ready to serve. Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander, whole red chili and serve it with Rice, Chapati or Puri..
Potato roast with chettinad masala is a different yet flavorful potato fry that you can make in minutes. Baby potato roast with step by step photos and video recipe. Potato roast with chettinad masala is a different yet flavorful potato fry that you can make in minutes. This basic recipe for oven-baked fries gives you potatoes seasoned with thyme and topped with Cheddar cheese. Chettinad Potato And Shallot Roast Recipe, How To Make Chettinad Potato And Shallot Roast Recipe.