Aalu chop / Potato fritters. HI I am Bulbul Ghosh and welcome to my channel BULBUL'S KITCHEN. ABOUT THIS VIDEO- Evening snack Aalu r chop or Alu chop is a delicious Bengali snack. This is very easy and simple recipe of Aalu chop so after watc.
These potato croquettes are actually very easy to make. Potato ( Aalu ) for Jaundice. Have one small bowl once a day. You can have Aalu chop / Potato fritters using 21 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aalu chop / Potato fritters
- Prepare 250 gms of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of ingredients for making aloo chop stuffing.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 of green chili – finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of for making besan batter.
- You need 1 cup of besan (gram flour).
- It’s 1 pinch of baking soda, optional.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt or add as required.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water or add as required.
- You need 2 cup of Oats.
Take a finely chopped Potato ( Aalu ) and slices of half Cucumber ( Kheera ). Put the paste in a sieve and squeeze the juice. Dip two cotton balls in the juice and place. Aalu K (Potato) Samosay – Farah Jahanzaib These samosas are made of Aloo(potato) and are These samosas are made of Aloo(potato) and are known by the name of Aalu ka samosa or Aloo kay samosay.
Aalu chop / Potato fritters instructions
- Rinse and then place 3 medium sized potatoes (250 grams potatoes) in a pressure cooker. Add water as required just about covering potatoes. Also add ½ teaspoon salt..
- Pessure cook for 4 to 5 whistles. when the pressure settles down on its own, remove the lid. Drain all the water..
- Let the potatoes become warm. Then peel and mash them with a fork. Keep aside..
- Now heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan or kadai. Add ⅓ cup chopped onions..
- Sauté onions on a low to medium flame till they turn translucent..
- Then add ½ teaspoon ginger paste, 1 teaspoon garlic paste, 1 green chili (finely chopped)..
- Mix and saute till raw aroma of both ginger and garlic goes away..
- Now add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder and 1 teaspoon cumin powder. Mix very well..
- Now add the mashed potatoes in the sauteed onion mixture. Mix potatoes very well..
- Add 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves. Season with salt as per taste..
- Mix very well and switch off the flame. Let this potato filling cool down at room temperature. Do check the taste and add more salt or spice powders if required..
- Then make small to medium sized potato cutlet or patties from them. Keep aside..
- When the boiled potatoes are cooling, you can make the besan batter and keep it ready..
- To make besan batter take 1 cup besan in a mixing bowl. Also add 1 pinch baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt or add as required. You can also add 1 to 2 tablespoon rice flour if you want..
- Now add ⅓ cup water in parts. Whisk to a smooth and thick batter. Do add water as required. Depending on the quality of besan, you can add less or more water..
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai. Add a small spoon of the batter in the oil. If the batter comes up steadily on top of the oil, the oil is ready for frying..
- Dip the potato cutlet in the besan batter and coat it well with the batter..
- Now roll it on the oats..
- Now gently place the batter coated potato cutlet in the hot oil..
- Fry the aloo chops on medium flame till it is light golden in colour and lightly crispy..
- Place the fried potato chops on kitchen paper towels for extra oil to be absorbed..
- Serve the aloo chop with any chutney or sauce or dip..
Aloo'r chop (Indian potato fritters) ~ #MonsoonSpecial ! Potato fritters are crispy and luscious snack made with sliced potatoes coated with spicy chick pea flour batter. Potato Fritters – Aloo Bajji Pakora. A basic recipe of consists of chopped onions, flours like gram flour and rice flour, spices and herbs, all mixed together with little. My love affair with sweet potatoes has not lost it's spark.