Another cottage pie. Typically it was a way poorer people could bulk up food for their meals. Originally it was any minced meat dish that was topped with mash, but as time went on, we differentiated cottage and shepherd's pie from one another. I agree, Cottage Pie does not have a pie crust, but I can see no reference to it in this recipe.
You don't need to whip the potatoes, just. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. You can have Another cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Another cottage pie
- It’s 500 grams of potatoes.
- It’s 500 grams of minced beef.
- It’s 1 bunch of small carrots.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 250 ml of beef stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of margarine.
- It’s 1 of small egg, beaten.
It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide. Synonyms for cottage pies in Free Thesaurus. K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Another cottage pie step by step
- Boil the potatoes until soft to mash..
- Brown mince with freshly ground black pepper and reserve.
- Sautee the chopped onion until soft and add the carrots finely chopped..
- Add the worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, nutmeg and stock. Let it simmer. Add meat..
- Place mince mixture in a dish suitable for the oven..
- Mash the potato with a tablespoonful of margerine. Add a beaten egg and place on top of the meat.
- Cook in a pre heated oven at 200C for 30 minutes.
What are synonyms for cottage pies? What's really fun, is the variations on cottage pie that you see in British cuisine, and that have made their way to the States with the immigrants. A version of cottage pie, called St. Stephen's day pie, is made with leftover Christmas turkey and ham to celebrate St. In today's episode, we learn how to make Shepherd's Pie, but I actually make Cottage pie, I just like that name Shepherd's pie much better.