Lancashire's Hot pot. Lancashire hotpot is a stew originating from Lancashire in the North West of England. It consists of lamb or mutton and onion, topped with sliced potatoes and baked in a heavy pot on a low heat. Lancashire Hotpot – Succulent lamb in a meaty gravy, topped with potatoes that are tender underneath and crisp on top.
Lancashire hotpot is a British classic. Perfect comfort food for the whole family all year round. year. I grew up near Lancashire and this recipe has always. You can have Lancashire's Hot pot using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lancashire's Hot pot
- It’s 300 g of diced lamb.
- You need of Flour and freshly ground black pepper to season.
- Prepare 1 splash of Olive oil,.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of big carrot, chopped.
- It’s 500 g of new potatoes, sliced.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare of Thyme and rosemary to season.
Take some fine chops from a neck of mutton, and trim them nicely, taking off most of the fat. The Hairy Bikers' slow-cooked classic Lancashire hot pot is perfect for a hearty, family meal. Lancashire Hotpot Warming Food for Chilly Evenings. The origins of the name of the dish are unsure; from a cooking pot wrapped in blankets to provide a hot lunch at the races to something.
Lancashire's Hot pot step by step
- Coat lamb with flour and season with pepper to taste. Sautee in a splash of olive oil and reserve in oven proof pot..
- Sautee onion and when is soft add carrots sliced. Add to the reserved meat.
- Add stock and season with rosemary, thyme to taste. Layer sliced potatoes on the top of the meat and cover with lid.
- Oven cook at 150°C for 90 minutes covered and cook for the last half hour uncovered.
- Variations: I have substituted carrots for broad beans and it was a lovely treat. Also using chopped leeks instead of onions works as alternative for "onion haters".
Lancashire hotpot consists of lamb or mutton and onion, and it is topped with sliced potatoes and baked in a heavy pot on a low heat.. See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Lancashire. A traditional Lancashire hotpot is a hearty, filling dish that is both economical and easy to make and loved throughout Britain. You can't get much more comforting than a gorgeous Lancashire hotpot. Script error: No such module "For".