SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup).
You can cook SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup)
- You need 1 of chicken, cut into 4 pieces.
- You need 2 of litter water.
- It’s 1/2 of nutmeg.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 cm of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom.
- You need 2 stalk of lemon grass.
- You need 2 cm of gingger.
- Prepare 1 cm of turmeric.
- You need 10 of shallots.
- It’s 7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoon of margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 100 g of vermicelli (glass noodles), soaked in hot water and drain.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 of chinese parsley, thinly chopped.
- You need 3 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fried shallots.
- You need of Ketupat (rice cake) or rice.
- Prepare of Potato Croquettes.
- You need of Sweet Soy Sauce and lime.
- You need of For Sambal :.
- You need 50 gram of red chillies.
- You need 10 of bird's eye chilli.
- It’s of Salt and sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) step by step
- Boil the chicken in 2 litter water until tender, drain and shred meat when cool. Reserve 1 1/2 liters stock. Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth..
- Grind shallot, garlic, gingger, lemon grass, turmeric until fine. Heat the margarine and saute the ground seasoning until fragrant. Add wrap spices and papper..
- Put the sauteed spices into the stock. Cover the saucepan, and continue to simmer for about 30 minute..
- For the Sambal: Grind all ingredients together except oil, heat oil and saute the ground ingredients until fragrant..
- For potato croquettes: Mash about 350 gram boiled potatoes,and add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg and 1 egg yolk. Shape into balls. Deep in the beaten egg white, and fry until golden brown..
- How to serve : Arrange rice cake or rice, glass noodles, shredded chicken, spring onions and parsley in a bowl. Add a few pieces of egg and potatoe croquettes. Pour boiling chicken stock over and garnish with fried shallots. Serve with Sambal, soy sauce and lime..