Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can cook Shepherd's Pie using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 450 Grams of lamb minced.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of garlic , chopped.
- Prepare 1 of white onion , chopped.
- You need 1/2 Cup of peas frozen , thawed.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of carrot , grated.
- You need 1/8 Cup of celery , finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of oregano dried.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of thyme dried.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of basil dried.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of parsley , chopped.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need of butter olive oil &.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes , large – sized , boiled.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of cream.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of cheddar cheese , grated.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Heat some butter and olive oil in a large skillet..
- Add the garlic and onion and sautee well..
- Add the minced lamb and break it up with your spoon. when the lamb is browned evenly add the peas, carrots and celery. mix well till the veggies are almost cooked through..
- Next, add the ketchup, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce. mix well. then add the dried herbs and stir to combine..
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. then add the fresh parsley, mix a bit and take it off the heat..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. lightly grease a baking dish (i used pyrex) with butter. place the meat mixture in the dish and pat it down well, so it has an even, flat top. set aside..
- Peel and mash the potatoes with the cream and butter. add the salt, pepper and onion powder..
- Spread the mash over the meat in an even layer..
- Using a fork, make ridges all over the top of the potato crust (i TRIED to make a criss-cross pattern but i don't think i had much seccess with it!)..
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake for about 25 minutes, till the cheese is melted and golden..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving..
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.