Navratan korma. Navratan korma recipe With step by step photos – aromatic, flavorful and mildly sweet vegetable Navratan korma is one recipe which I always dreaded making. Just the name of this dish would scare. A Mughlai dish of Nine vegetables cooked in white creamy curry base.
Navratan Korma is a rich and creamy dish made with an assortment of veggies, fruits and nuts. A rich and creamy dish, Navratan Korma gets it's name from nine ingredients/jewels (nav=nine and. Navratan Korma. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Navratan korma using 38 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Navratan korma
- You need 1/2 cup of peeled and chopped carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of peas.
- It’s 3/4 cup or 150 gm of chopped potato.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped green beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped cauliflower.
- You need 1 cup of paneer cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced onion.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- It’s 1 tspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 100 gm of fresh curd.
- It’s 1/3 cup of fresh cream.
- It’s 1/2 tspoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need of For royal paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds.
- It’s 12 of almonds.
- You need 12 of cashews.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of melon seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water for grinding paste.
- Prepare of Whole masalas for navratan korma.
- It’s 2-3 of green cardamom.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 3-4 of lavang.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 strands of mace (javitri).
- It’s of For garnishing.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 7-8 of almonds blanched and peeled.
- It’s 10 of pistachios.
- You need 10 of cashews.
- Prepare 10 of walnuts halves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pinapple.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of melon seeds.
- It’s Pinch of saffron strands.
My vegan Navratan Korma is a decadent but healthy dish with a luxurious sauce of cashew cream This is the dish to impress friends and family with. A Navratan Korma is what Indians call a "shahi". Vegetable Korma is a delicious combination of several vegetables in a creamy sauce. I tried this recipe…It was awesome.
Navratan korma step by step
- Paste for navratan korma – soak all the dry fruits and seeds in hot water for 30-40min.(2)peel the almonds and add in a grinding jar (3) drain the remaining nuts seeds mixture and also add in grinding jar. Add 1/4 cup water and make a smooth paste add more water if required..
- Heat ghee in a deep pan or handi add all the whole garam masala mentioned above and fry till they crackle and become aromat..
- Add sliced onion and saute till they turn golden. Now add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away..
- Now add royal paste and curd,mix well. Then add turmeric and red chilli powder stir again. Stir and saute for 3-4min on low flame. Do stir often so that the mixture does not stuck to the bottom of pan..
- Then add the mix veggies and stir.now add 1cup water and salt. Mix very well. Cover and simmer the veggies till they are cooked.
- Once the veggies are cooked add cream and mix well. Switch off the flame. Sprinkle garam masala powder mix cover and keep aside..
- Garnishing navratan korma – (1) heat 1tablespoon ghee in a small pan.add 6-7blanched almonds. Saute almonds till they turn pale golden..
- Now take almonds one side of pan and add 10pishtachios,10cashwes, 10walnuts and saute till cashews turn light golden..
- Now add raisins and melon seeds saute for some sec then add pinapple cubed and saute for a min. Now add 1tspoon ginger juliens and a pinch of saffron strands. Saute for half a min. Keep the garnishing aside..
- While serving garnish the korma sauteed garnishing. Add garnishing just before serving..
This was the first time i have ever tried Navratan korma…. Navratan Korma is a delicious and a very popular Mughlai dish. Today we will learn how to make Navratan Korma (white gravy) following this very easy recipe. Navratna Korma features a delectable assortment of vegetables and fruits in an intense gravy burgeoning with cashew paste and cream. This gravy gets its subtle sweetness from pineapple cubes.