Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries.
You can have Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries
- You need of Garlic Fries & Dip.
- Prepare 4 large of Russet Potatoes [cut long-lengthwise-about the same width of your index finger].
- Prepare 1 of 9.5 oz Bottle Minced Squeeze Garlic With Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Infused Olive Oil – Granulated Garlic – Dried Parsley – Thyme – Sea Salt – Onion Powder – Garlic Pepper Seasoning.
- It’s 1 large of Ziplock Bag.
- Prepare 1 of Sour Cream & Chives [for dip].
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Granulated Garlic [sprinkle following baking].
- You need 1 tbsp of Sea Salt Or A Powdered Salt [divided – sprinkle following baking].
Mike's Gilroy Garlic French Fries step by step
- Cut potatoes into French Fry form about the size of your index finger and soak in ice water [more ice than water] for 30 minutes – up to 2 hours. This step is VERY important since it makes your fries much crisper than they would without – especially since you're baking them..
- Place one of your oven racks closest to the hottest area of your oven. Top or bottom – depending upon your specific oven model..
- Preheat over to 450°..
- Excluding sour cream, chives, potatoes and your finishing sprinkles of granulated garlic & sea salt – mix everything in an extra large Ziplock bag..
- After 30 minute + chill in ice – dry fries completely on paper towels..
- Place 1/2 of your fries in your ZipIock Bag and massage well..
- Arrange fries on racks or on slightly crumpled up tinfoil so the fries can brown and crisp underneath. Or, you can lay completely flat..
- Add your other half of fries to bag, massage and repeat process..
- Lightly sprinkle granulated garlic and 1/2 tbs sea salt over fries..
- Place fries on hottest rack and bake for 30 minutes. Watch your fries closely after 20 minutes to make sure garlic isn't burning..
- Flip fries over 15 minutes in to bake cycle and sprinkle again with granulated garlic and remaining sea salt. Put back in oven for 15 – 20 minutes..
- Since there is thyme in this recipe, sour cream is the VERY best condiment to serve these garlic fries with. However, if you omit the thyme, ketchup works quite well..
- Chefs Note: You can deep fry these garlic fries. If we do, we use a garlic infused high heat oil we purchase online. DIRECTIONS FOR FRYING: Heat oil – Add fries but don't over pack them – Blanch fries in hot oil for 6 – 7 minutes until they're limp and pale – Drain on paper towels for a few minutes to even a few hours – When ready to fully fry, place fries back in hot oil for 10 minutes or until crispy – Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with granulated garlic and salt immediately..