Potatoes & Onion (vegan). What is the plural of potato? Potatoes are a plentiful crop that originated in South America. Crops covered include, amongst others, legumes, potatoes, vegetables, mushrooms and cassava.
The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. Potatoes are the enlarged underground stems (aka "tubers") of the potato plant, in which the plant stores up nutrition for future growth. Consequently, they are classed as a root. You can cook Potatoes & Onion (vegan) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potatoes & Onion (vegan)
- You need 4 of medium sized potatoes.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
The potato is a tuber—a short, thick, underground stem with stored starches and sugars—of the Nutritionally, the potato supplies complex carbohydrates—essential for energy—and a very low. For lots of great resources to accompany this video. The potato belongs to the Solanaceae or nightshade family whose other members include tomatoes Potatoes are a very popular food source. Unfortunately, most people eat potatoes in the form of.
Potatoes & Onion (vegan) step by step
- Cut the potato into cubes, fry and allow to get some colour.
- In a pot, add some oil and fry the sliced onion.
- Once the onion takes colour, add the garlic cloves (no smashing).
- Fry for a minute and add the potatoes to the mix.
- Add water to cover the mix, add the spices and the lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world's main food crops. Did you know, potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetable and have even more potassium than a banana? Potatoes are tubers that are a staple food in many parts of the world, particularly Europe and the West. They are commonly categorised according to when they're harvested (early.