My Version Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato "croutons".
You can have My Version Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato "croutons" using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Version Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato "croutons"
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatos cooked, cooled, peeled and cut into 1 inche cubes. You can bake or microwave them until tende but cut into cubes when cold so they will keep their shape.
- You need 1 of canola oil for frying.
- You need 8 cup of torn romaine lettece.
- It’s 2 medium of fresh ripe tomatos cut into wedges.
- It’s 10 of shavings of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of !/2 cup olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of tablesppon red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of blackmpepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of of each , garlic salt, black pepper and parmesan cheese for sprinklng on hot potato croutons.
My Version Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato "croutons" step by step
- Heat enough oil in Dutch oven to come halfway up pan, heat oil to 350°F or until a potato cube sizzles when pit in oil.
- Fry potato cubes until brown and crispy, it can take 5 to 10 minutes depending on how moist the sweet potato's are drain on paper towels sprinkle with garlic salt mixture while hot.
- Meanwhile combine all dressing ingredients, oil, lemon, vinegar,minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt,pepper and the 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese blend until very smooth.
- Toss romaine with some of the dressing and transfer to a platter surround lettuce with tomato's, drizzle a bit of dressing on each tomato Crumble parmesan shavings over salad top with hot sweet potato croutons and serve immediately.
- I have also made russet potato croutons for this salad and a combination of both!.