tofu potato tacos!!!! vegetarians bff. This tofu taco recipe makes the best, flavour-packed, chewy, amazingly texture vegan taco meat substitute. Top your vegan tacos with toppings of choice or you can used the filling in burritos as well. Get your taco fix without the meat with these vegetarian tacos recipes, including tempeh tacos, tofu tacos, cauliflower tacos, quinoa tacos, and more.
If you want proof of how creative vegetarian cooking can be, take a look at some vegetarian taco recipes. Without the constraints of chicken, beef, pork or fish, the possibilities are endless. Sweet potato and tofu tacos aren't just for breakfast, you can eat them at any time of day, but if you're craving something warm and savory for your morning Today I was ravenous within a half an hour of waking up. You can have tofu potato tacos!!!! vegetarians bff using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of tofu potato tacos!!!! vegetarians bff
- It’s 1 packages of tofu.
- It’s 4 of potatos.
- You need 1 packages of white corn tortillas.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of vegeable oil.
- You need 1 of salt pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of greek yogurt for topping.
- It’s 1 head of lettuce shredded for topping.
- It’s 1 of guacomole for topping.
- You need 1 of shredded jack cheese for topping.
- It’s 1 cup of queso fresco for topping.
I was craving something warm and savory, so I whipped up these sweet potato and tofu. This sweet potato taco recipe is an old favorite that I wanted to re-share with you. I first started making these sweet potato tacos years ago, but it's one of those recipes that I come back to time and time again because it's such a filling & flavorful vegetarian weeknight dinner option. Let's get to the specifics: Crispy fried tacos stuffed with slightly smoky, cumin-spiced Creamer potatoes topped with fresh pico de gallo, ripe avocado, chopped tomato and cilantro.
tofu potato tacos!!!! vegetarians bff instructions
- dice 4 large russet potatoes (peeling is optional ).
- heat up a pan with vegetable oil enough to coat pan and some for potatoes.
- drain tofu now cut into small cubes.
- now add tofu in with potatoes cook for 5 mins until Browning occurs.
- add salt pepper chili powder and garlic salt.
- heat a large pot with oil enough oil to fry these bad boys.
- Now warm up some tortillas in microwave about 30 seconds.
- take your tofu &potatoes and place 2 tbl spoons into the white corn tortillas.
- you may use toothpick to hold together. the taco. (I use my hands. I'm careful) I hold into oil until formed into a taco shape. then I use my tongs cuz I don't want to get burned. use tongs to turn tacos on each side until browned.
- once lightly browned to a crisp i take my tacos out and using paper towels i line a large bowl ( to allow excess oil to drain) and then repeat thus until all your tofu& potatoes mixture is gone and your bowl is filled up with amazing tacos.
- Greek yogurt is my healthier version of sour cream (considering we just fried these bad boys ).
- guacamole homemade. or store bought the recipe is easy.
- now top your tacos with all your toppings (cheese lettuce. guacamole. yogurt) and don't forget hot sauce or salsa.
- rice & beans would be an awesome side dish for this meal. now enjoy!!!.
These would be amazing for breakfast! For added protein, add some leftover tofu scramble or a sprinkle of canned black beans. Growing up my Grams NEVER used seasoning packets for taco meat. My husband threatened me that if I bring tofu in to the house and serve it to Being the big ol' meat and potatoes guy he is, I believe him! 🙂. These Tofu Peanut Lettuce Cups don't need any additional sauces to go with it and no messy individual wrapping.