Roasted herb and garlic potatoes with eggs cooked two ways. Easy Side Dish Recipe These garlic roasted potatoes are my go-to easy side dish. They are sooo simple and super yummy! Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and add the garlic-rosemary mixture (optional) and minced parsley.
Seasoned with garlic and a variety of dried herbs, the potatoes crisp up in the oven to golden Check our recipe variations below to change up the flavors and try our potatoes in different ways. If you have leftover roasted potatoes, keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or two and. Ina Garten's Garlic-Roasted Potatoes from Food Network's Barefoot Contessa make the perfect classic side dish for any meal. You can have Roasted herb and garlic potatoes with eggs cooked two ways using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted herb and garlic potatoes with eggs cooked two ways
- You need of Potatoes.
- You need 2 lb of Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of White onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of Thyme.
- It’s 1 bunch of Rosemary.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 of Oil on hand (pref olive oil).
- You need of Eggs.
- You need 4 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning. Mustard and Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. For oven-roasted potatoes, you want something in the middle, and that means Yukon Gold. The thin skin helps potatoes heat quickly and evenly Herb 'em up.
Roasted herb and garlic potatoes with eggs cooked two ways instructions
- First, wash a few potatoes, then get to cleaning the skin off (unless you like the skin on, or the potato has a soft skin that could add desired texture)..
- Once the potatoes are peeled and cut into small cubes for the desired size, place them into cold water while you cut the onion, garlic, and remove the leaves from the herbs you have on hand. In this recipe I use thyme and rosemary, but you can also use oregano..
- In a dry bowl, add the (not wet) potatoes. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the potatoes, add the herbs if you've prepared them, and then add some oil (pref olive oil) and mix in the bowl. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper to taste here..
- Place into a tray in the oven (400 degrees F). You can also cook on the stove top with one or two sautee pans if you want to speed up the recipe, but it will slow you down when you get to the eggs..
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes before mixing again (to ensure that all sides brown). Timing will depend on the size of the potato, and probably even the type, so just keep an eye on them. When the potatoes look half way done (starting to get golden on the edges, stir again, and cut up a half a stick of butter into smaller cubes. Apply these cubes all over the potatoes, then place back into the oven to continue cooking..
- Once potatoes look like they only need 10 more minutes, begin to prepare the eggs. You will need 4 eggs, parsley (optional), black pepper, and a mixing bowl..
- Crack two eggs into the mixing bowl and beat them. Add half of the chopped parsley here (the rest can be used to garnish at the end). Add a pinch of black pepper..
- Once potatoes look as if they are done (golden brown), add the egg mixture to one side of the tray, and place back in the oven. Then, with the other two eggs, prepare them as desired. I recommend preparing them sunnyside up or poaching them. It took around 5 minutes for the eggs to cook in the tray, so in the time you can prepare to cook the other eggs..
- Once the eggs in the oven tray are fully cooked remove the tray. Then once your other eggs are prepared, plate as desired. Remember to use some of your left over parsley to garnish. The thyme and rosemary are not appropriate to garnish with uncooked as they are too strong..
We suggest parsley, rosemary, and thyme as a classic and simple way to season the potatoes, but really, any herbs or spices are welcome here. Arrange the potatoes, onions, and whole chicken in a pan, season with a piquant Kikkoman Soy Sauce mixture, and let the oven do the rest! The next day I cooked up some angel hair pasta poured the sauce over it and let it sit in the frige. Reviews for: Photos of Roasted Herb Chicken and Potatoes. Flavorful, aromatic Herb Garlic Roasted Potatoes make a wonderful vegetarian side dish.