Summer Vegetable and Cider Stew. Great recipe for Summer Vegetable and Cider Stew. Even during the summer I sometimes fancy something hot and hearty. I made this using really fresh vegetables from #seasonsupply.
Enjoy this healthy, comforting stew recipe all year long! When you're a comfort food lover no matter the season → Summer Chickpea Stew! Oh my woooord, I cannot tell you how delicious this fresh and summery stew recipe is! You can cook Summer Vegetable and Cider Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Summer Vegetable and Cider Stew
- You need 2 of large red onions.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of large broccoli florets.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes.
- You need 3 of large carrots.
- You need 3 of large tomotoes.
- Prepare 1 of large bunch parsley.
- You need 1 tin of black beans.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 cups of cider.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of large pinch cumin.
- It’s 1 of large pinch smoked paprika.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
This Summer Vegetable Stew is just that – a filling stew that will warm you up and stick to your bones, but with all the flavors of summer. If you're craving fall meals with a summery twist, then this is definitely the recipe for you! Trust me, this is one meal the whole family will love. Summer Vegetable Stew is delicious, with tomatoes, zucchini, carrots and more.
Summer Vegetable and Cider Stew instructions
- Peel and prep your vegetables and herbs. Juice the lemon..
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Sautée the garlic and onions until translucent..
- Add all the remaining vegetables, herbs and spices. Cook for 3 minutes in the oil whilst stirring..
- Add the water, lemon juice, cider and stock. Cook for 25-35 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to break up and the sauce is nice and thick. Add more water if the stew is too thick..
- Serve and enjoy :).
Fresh flavors perfect for a weeknight summer meal when the garden is overflowing. This hearty summer stew is a favourite all over southern Italy. Frequently known as giambotta across other regions, the Basilicatan version is called ciammotta. The recipe given is a loose base, but Italians often use a mix of whichever summer vegetables they have to hand. A chunky vegetable and bacon stew topped with cheesy bread – save half for freezing and enjoy again later in the month..