Chips Masala. My version of these Kenyan style masala chips takes the ordinary chips to a whole new level. The masala coats the chips perfectly and its the best dish to create for those quick lunches. Hello there this is how I make my Chips Masala.
Kenyan Masala Chips. featured in Fries Around the World. Kiano Moju, Matthew Johnson & Alix Add the garam masala, turmeric, and cumin. Masala chips are best served straight away. You can have Chips Masala using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chips Masala
- Prepare 1 kg of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, Onion, bay leaf and Green chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, ginger powder and All spice mixture.
- You need 2 large of Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Afghan red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- You need 1 of enough vegetable oil to fry chips.
- You need of salt.
You can reheat them on a baking tray, but they're not nearly as good as fresh. Chop the potatoes and slice them to chips sizes and deep fry the till crunchy. Tuko.co.ke News ☛ ⭐CHIPS MASALA RECIPE⭐ Wondering what to prepare for your friends or yourself? Cook tasty and crunchy chips masala at home using readily available ingredients.
Chips Masala instructions
- Slice potatoes into chips and fry. Set aside.
- Sautee onions garlic green chilli and all the spices for 5 minutes…then add diced tomatoes and stir.
- As the sauce thickens add the lime juice and salt plus the chips and mix well… cook for another 5 minutes or until the sauce glazes the chips..
- Serve with shredded cabbage topped with garlic mayo….or French toast and sausages.
These fries/chips are a speciality in most parts of Kenya. The recipe takes your normal average plate of fries to a whole other level. Saucy and spicy, these masala fries work beautifully with bbq dishes or. Potato masala chips is an instant snack prepared with potato, gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder and sesame seeds as main ingredients. Full video, step by step detailed post.