Potato and Spring Onion Samosas.
You can cook Potato and Spring Onion Samosas using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Spring Onion Samosas
- Prepare 3 cups of All purpose flour or Maida.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Seeds or Kalonji.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk.
- It’s of Water as required.
- It’s of FOR THE FILLING -.
- You need 10 of Potatoes medium sized.
- You need 1 of Red Onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of Spring Onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dry Mango powder or Amchur.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida or Hing.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander Seeds partially crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic mince.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 3-4 of Green Chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coriander Leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves torn into pieces.
Potato and Spring Onion Samosas instructions
- Make a smooth yet firm dough with all the ingredients mentioned for the Samosas. Cover and set aside for a good 20 minutes..
- For the filling, heat Oil at first. Now add crushed Coriander seeds, Curry Leaves, Asafoetida, Green chillies and chopped Red Onion. Saute all of that on a low heat until the raw smell fades away and the Onions are nicely sauteed. Now add the powdered spices and the boiled and the chopped Spring Onions. Mix well. Cook for a minute or more. And then finally garnish with chopped Coriander Leaves, Chat masala and Garam masala both..
- Now add the boiled and mashed Potatoes to it. Give it all a good mix. There is no need to cook much. Leave it on covered on a low heat for just 2 more minutes and then take it off the heat. Set aside until you roll out Samosas..
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls and roll out a medium thick disc out of each ball. Cut into two and make Samosas by stuffing in about 2 tablespoons of the Potato Spring Onions mix. Seal the edges properly by pinching them. Deep fry on a low to medium-high heat in hot Oil. Never do that on a high heat..
- After done with all, it's time to serve these tempting homemade yummy Samosas with Green Chutney at Iftaar. You can serve them with any other Chutney of your choice if desired. Happy Iftaar Time!.