Aloo Poha. Aloo Poha also known as the Batata Poha brings with it delicious tastes and textures of sweetness, sourness, softness and crunchiness. It is made tangy and spicy from green chillies and lemon juice. Learn To Make Aloo Poha aka Kanda Batata Poha, or Potato Poha Recipe with a quick recipe video.
Me and my friend Amit Chandak worked together for some time a decade ago. Aloo Poha or Kanda Batata Poha is a delicious, simple and mildly spicy breakfast made from Poha (flattened rice flakes) along with Onion (Kanda) and Potato (Batata). Aloo Poha recipe is a maharashtrian snack recipe apart from kanda poha and is a hugely popular snack dish made using flattened rice and potato and so is called as potato poha recipe. You can cook Aloo Poha using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aloo Poha
- You need 1 – 1/2 cups of poha -.
- You need 1 of potato , large -.
- Prepare 1 of onion , medium sized -.
- You need 2 of green chili , finely chopped -.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds -.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds -.
- You need 2 tsps of peanuts roasted -.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder -.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar -.
- You need 2 tsps of coconut fresh -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice -.
- It’s 2.5 tsps of oil -.
- Prepare as required of salt.
Aloo poha is much more tasty than simple Poha/aval upma. Aloo poha is a quick, easy and healthy breakfast prepared with flattened rice and potato. You do not need any side dish for this. Aloo poha tastes good on its own.
Aloo Poha instructions
- Heat a pan and add the peanuts..
- Roast the peanuts till they become crunchy and keep aside..
- Take poha and rinse it in clean running water. Then use a strainer to rinse the poha..
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, sugar and salt in the poha. Gently mix it with your hands..
- Heat oil in a pan and add potatoes which has been chopped in small cubes..
- Saute the potatoes till light golden and crisp. Remove them with a slotted spoon and keep aside..
- In the same pan, add mustard seeds to the oil, when they splutter, add the cumin seeds and let it change the color and crackle..
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute till they become translucent and soften..
- Add the curry leaves, green chilies and saute for half a minute. Add the roasted peanuts and stir well..
- Mix in the poha and stir gently till everything is mixed evenly..
- Add the sauteed potatoes and mix. Cover the pan tightly with a lid and steam poha for a minute or two on a low flame as it softens the poha. Remove the lid and garnish the poha with curry leaves or grated fresh coconut..
- Serve hot!.
But if needed, you can have it with. Poha Ladoos Poha Ladoos Sweet Poha Kozhukattai Sweet Poha. Now add in the poha and toss well. Once everything is heated up, add in coriander leaves and lemon juice. Shape the poha mixture into round tikkis and place them on the pan and shallow fry on medium heat, turning.