Pav Bhaji. Pav bhaji recipe with video & step by step photos – A delicious blend of mix veggies cooked in butter & spices, served with soft butter tasted buns. Pav is an Indian bread and bhaji is mashed vegetables. Pav Bhaji Recipe with video and step by step photos.
Pav Bhaji is a spicy mashed vegetable dish, served piping hot with a dollop of butter, diced red onions, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Accompanied by warm buttery pan-toasted rolls. Pav Bhaji – a spicy curry of mixed vegetables (bhaji) cooked in a special blend of spices and served with soft buttered pav (bread bun shallow fried in butter), is any Indian food lover's dream. You can have Pav Bhaji using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- It’s 3 of Potatoes Peeled.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Green Chilli.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Capsicum.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Green Peas.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pav Bhaji Masala.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Chopped.
- It’s 1 Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare as per Taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Dinner Rolls.
Pav Bhaji is a popular Indian street food. Pav Bhaji is made with potatoes and vegetables cooked in a tomato base, and enjoyed with pav or dinner rolls. We will make it in both Instant Pot and Stovetop. Both Pav and Bhaji are served together along with chopped onions and lemon wedge.
Pav Bhaji step by step
- Take Potatoes, Half Green Peas and Cabbage in Pressure Cooker. Add around 1 and 1/2 Cup of water and 1 tsp Turmeric and Pinch of Pav Bhaji Masala. And give 4 whistle to it. Then strain out all the stock. And mash cooked vegetables well. Dont discart stock. We will use it in coming steps..
- Make a fine puree of Tomatoes, Green Chilli, Ginger Garlic, Curry Leaves.
- Now heat 1 tsp of oil and saute Green Peas, sliced Mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Cook it until all water from mushrooms evaporates..
- Now in the same pan add 1/2 tbsp of oil and 1/2 tbsp of butter. And saute finely chopped onion and capsicum till it becomes golden brown..
- Then add made Tomato mixture. Also add Red Chilli Powder, Asafoetida, Turmeric and let it cook till mixture become slightly dry..
- Later add mashed Vegetables and mix it well with masalas. Add 1/2 cup of stock, sauteed Mushrooms and Green Peas, salt and Pav Bhaji masala. Let it cook for 5-8mins on low to medium flame..
- Serve Bhaji with chopped Onion, a teaspoon of butter, Little Lemon Juice. Eat it with Butter Pav..
Pav Bhaji being native to Maharashtra especially to Mumbai is enjoyed globally. Pav bhaji recipe – A great kids pleaser and even everyone in the family would love this. When I saw in my sis in law's blog,from that time I wanted to try,even my friend Sangeeta asked me to try and gave. Pav Bhaji is a favorite fast food dish in India. Pav is buns and bhaji is the mixed spicy vegetables.