Coconut green peas with potatoes. This meal is the complete nutritional package – with fiber from the peas, b vitamins from the coconut milk, a magical aroma from the spices, lycopene from What is not to love? Plus this dish is affordable, easy to make, and absolutely delightful to eat. Curry and Coconut Potatoes With Cashews and Peas.
This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so delicious and comforting, just as a curry should be. I personally do not think regular potatoes will taste nearly as good in this because the sweetness from the sweet potatoes balances out the curry flavors very. Frozen peas are a hero ingredient in winter: try them in this potato and feta traybake and a speedy coconut soup. You can have Coconut green peas with potatoes using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut green peas with potatoes
- You need 7-8 of potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 of of green peas.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of Garam masala 1/2 a teaspoon(Tropical heat).
- Prepare of Royco mchuzi mix 1/2 a teaspoon.
- Prepare 2-3 of chillies.
- It’s of Tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s of Dhania.
- Prepare 65 ml of Azam coconut cream.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (Tropical Heat).
At this time of year I rely on them to add freshness when most other green veg is a distant memory. This week, I cooked them with potatoes, lemons and feta to make a family-friendly. Coconut oil and milk are the magic ingredients in this sweet potato recipe. Real Talk: Collard greens are ideal for this recipe since their hardiness and flavor stand up to the heat.
Coconut green peas with potatoes instructions
- Ingredients in person..
- Already boiled greengrams…(bought it from the kibandas in the estate).
- Peeled potatoes and boiled green grams..
- Chop the potatoes/onion and dhania and put everything in your sufuria/skillet.pour oil and place on your cooking appliance..put medium heat and sautee for 2 to 3min.
- Add all your spices at this point plus the chillies and salt too,you can cut the chillies into strips/slice them or put them whole..
- Stir some more,so everything fuses together…all the flavours from the spices and vegetables…
- Add your tomato paste.then let it cook for 5min.
- Add your greengrams now,stir then add the coconut cream and continue stirring…5 to 10min,so wverything mixes together…the cream to also infuse into the greengrams and cook well….
- Add water according to your thickness desire..not all at once,the stew will be runny!we do not want that…it will ruin everything and taste bland!so add water small small..until it gets to the point your happy with..
- And we are ready!😊.
- Lunch is served! You can have this with a side of rice,chapatis,bread,ugali…
Rinse green peas and keep aside. Potatoes and peas make this curry a meal-in-one, but it's also delicious with basmati rice. Add the coconut milk and peas; simmer uncovered until the peas are thawed, the potato is fully tender, and the sauce is somewhat thickened. You won't be able to get enough of this coconut curry shrimp. Potatoes pumpkin gnocchi with bacon, cilantro and mint.