Nimona (Green Peas Curry). A dish widely prepared in Uttar Pradesh,matar ka Nimona is made with boiled potatoes and boiled peas. This is a soupy spicy curry. if u like my recipes plz. Green Peas Potato Curry ❤ Healthy Village Food by Grandma
Though the ingredients are similar to a large extent to Aloo Matar, the two dishes differ in appearance. Nimona/ Green Peas Curry. categories: Glutenfree Recipes, Lunch Box, Main Course, North Indian Recipes, Regional Indian Cuisines, Uncategorized The onset of winters brings really soft and sweet green peas….and this one of the best ways to enjoy the fresh produce. Nimona is one such example from Lucknow, the capital of Avadh. You can cook Nimona (Green Peas Curry) using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nimona (Green Peas Curry)
- Prepare 1 cup of green peas (I used frozen peas), ground coarsely.
- You need 1/4 cup of green peas, whole.
- It’s 1 of potato, cut lengthwise.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- You need 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Prepare handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1-2 of tomatoes, cut lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ghee (opt).
A strictly home-fare dish, this delectable preparation is made with green peas A strictly home-fare dish, this delectable preparation is made with green peas purée with tomato pulp to make a dal like curry. Nimona is a traditional side dish recipe of north India and is usually cooked in winter because of seasonal availability of fresh green peas. It is a typical recipe wherein green pease are grounded into a paste and various spices are added to make a curry. It is usually served with plain rice and is.
Nimona (Green Peas Curry) instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp. mustard oil & fry the potatoes till light brown in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Add 1 tbsp. oil in the same pan & saute the ground green peas till the moisture evaporates. Keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil & temper with red chilli, bay leaves, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the ginger, green chilies & coriander leaves. Stir fry for a few seconds..
- Now add all the dry spices and give it a toss..
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining whole green peas. Mix well & cook, covered till they turn soft..
- Add the sauteed green peas, fried potatoes & water. Give it a stir & simmer, covered for 4-5 minutes or till the gravy turns slightly thick..
- When done, add the ghee (opt) and switch off the flame..
- Serve with plain steamed rice. jeera rice, paratha, poori, etc. for a nice healthy U.P. style meal..
Green peas curry recipe: Know more about this tasty and healthy recipe of 'matar ka nimona'. People wait for the green peas in the winter season as a lot of tasty dishes can be made from peas, (that too) without any special effort. Peas are also very beneficial for health as they contain the right amount of. Matar nimona, popular North Indian recipe prepared with green peas is different in taste then any other sabzi. It makes a good combination with rice.