Sautéed Potatoes. Drain, shake out onto a kitchen paper-lined tray and leave to cool. Diced potatoes tossed with salt, pepper, and chives make a homey, quick side dish suitable for breakfast or dinner. Sautéed potatoes can be eaten alone, as a side dish with your favorite meals, or turned into tasty salads.
Little cubes of seasoned crispy fried potatoes with a fluffy interior and a hint of garlic. I particularly like them with creamy dishes like steak stroganoff or chicken in creamy white wine sauce for date night. Honestly, I could eat these things like popcorn. You can cook Sautéed Potatoes using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sautéed Potatoes
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thin.
- You need 3 tbsp of Duck fat.
- It’s 3 of Garlic cloves, smashed or thinly diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley, finely chopped.
The sauteed potato can be customised any which way you like (Bourdain's bacon, Elizabeth David's onion, Smitten Kitchen's smoked paprika), but the traditional basic recipe almost always features. Wash potatoes and place in a saucepan. Drain and let cool to touch. Peel potatoes and cut into slices.
Sautéed Potatoes instructions
- Heat a pan on medium high heat..
- Heat the duck fat until it is transparent and bubbling..
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for a few minutes, until they reach a golden color..
- Lower the heat to medium low and let the potatoes cook until a fork pierced one easily..
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve..
Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauteed sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt is a star dish all to itself but it is fun to change up recipes and add flavors. This is a great dish to get experimental with herbs and spices and delight those tastebuds. We are sharing a few options that you may not consider but are worth trying. Try mixing two of them together such as whiskey.