Candys Bean Soup.
You can have Candys Bean Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Candys Bean Soup
- You need 1/2 bag of 15 Bean Soup Beans.
- Prepare 12 cups of water.
- You need 1 of Chicken Bouillon Cube.
- You need 1 of large Sweet onion roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow and 1 red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 5-6 cloves of Garlic (optional).
- Prepare of If not sautéing Bacon, use 3 tablespoons of Oil. I use Olive oil.
- Prepare of Your favorite greens optional, I used a mixture of kale, Collard Greens & Turnip Greens shredded by hand.
- You need of Pepper to taste(I like quite a lot).
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes I used basil garlic.
- It’s of Your favorite spices ( I used Mrs. Dash original.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Optional: 2 large diced potatoes.
- You need 3 of large carrots Cleaned & Diced.
Candys Bean Soup step by step
- Rinse Beans very well, discard bad beans make sure there are no stones in the beans.
- Soak over night, I start soaking about dinner time. I change the water before going to bed. The next morning I rinse very well again. While the beans are soaking for the last time.
- If cooking on top of the stove, Heat your kettle, you will be cooking in. If using slow cooker. Sauté onions, garlic, tomatoes, with oil in a pan. I then added my Greens to this pan, sautéed until wilted. Add spices and seasonings..
- Add water, bouillon cube, bring to a boil, if you add carrots diced and or potatoes diced, add now. This is an option. I cooked on top of the stove this time..
- A roaring boil, for 2 hours, I then turned it on medium low to simmer for four hours or until beans were tender. Make sure to watch water level, stir occasionally..
- This is so easy. The best things about recipes are : 1.) when you make a recipe, you can add, subtract everything to your likings and taste. Then it becomes your special recipe. Have fun with your recipes and when you are cooking..