Grandma’s Famous Menudo.
You can have Grandma’s Famous Menudo using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Famous Menudo
- You need 2 of tomatoes; diced.
- You need 1 of small onion; diced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 2 of lbs. pork butt; cut in half inch chunks.
- It’s 3 of Yukon gold potatoes; cut in half inch chunks (same size as pork).
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 box of raisins.
- Prepare 1 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of sliced green bell pepper.
Grandma’s Famous Menudo instructions
- Sauté the shit out of the first 3 ingredients in a pan of oil on medium heat. Tomatoes should be wilted, onions translucent, and fragrant. This takes a good 6-7 mins..
- Meanwhile, marinate the pork butt in soy sauce. Put just enough to coat all the meat. See grandpa below:.
- Add juice of half a lemon. See grandma & grandpa below:.
- Sauté in a pan of oil on med-high heat until the liquid is absorbed. Cover. See annoying sister below:.
- Cut up some potatoes in the same.5in size as the meat. Fry these up in a separate pan until slightly brown..
- Add in some black pepper, the pre-sautéed tomato onion garlic mixture (about 1.5 cups worth), and half a can of tomato paste. Sauté..
- Dump in a whole can of beef broth and simmer until the meat is tender. ~15 more mins..
- Drop in a handful of raisins, some bell pepper (not pictured).. and thassss it! Serve with a bed of white rice. Love you Grandma; thank you for the recipes 🙂 Enjoy!.