SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup). Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth. Great recipe for SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup). Soto is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables.
Rice Vermicelli and Chinese Okra Soup. SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) Soto is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. It was so delicious, I'll never forget it! You can cook SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup)
- Prepare 1 of chicken, cut into 4 pieces.
- Prepare 2 of litter water.
- It’s 1/2 of nutmeg.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 cm of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3 of cardamom.
- It’s 2 stalk of lemon grass.
- It’s 2 cm of gingger.
- It’s 1 cm of turmeric.
- Prepare 10 of shallots.
- Prepare 7 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 100 g of vermicelli (glass noodles), soaked in hot water and drain.
- You need 3 of spring onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 of chinese parsley, thinly chopped.
- It’s 3 of hard boiled eggs.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of fried shallots.
- You need of Ketupat (rice cake) or rice.
- You need of Potato Croquettes.
- It’s of Sweet Soy Sauce and lime.
- You need of For Sambal :.
- It’s 50 gram of red chillies.
- It’s 10 of bird's eye chilli.
- It’s of Salt and sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
Soto Banjar (South Kalimantan Chicken Noodle Soup) originated in Banjarmasin city in the southern part of Kalimantan island. However, unlike Western soups, it is normally served as a main dish. It could be served with rice on the side or lontong (compressed rice cake) in the soto. When the chicken is cold, shred the chicken meat into small pieces as one of the dishes' condiments.
SOTO BANJAR (Chicken and Vermicelli Soup) step by step
- Boil the chicken in 2 litter water until tender, drain and shred meat when cool. Reserve 1 1/2 liters stock. Wrap nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom in small pieces of cloth..
- Grind shallot, garlic, gingger, lemon grass, turmeric until fine. Heat the margarine and saute the ground seasoning until fragrant. Add wrap spices and papper..
- Put the sauteed spices into the stock. Cover the saucepan, and continue to simmer for about 30 minute..
- For the Sambal: Grind all ingredients together except oil, heat oil and saute the ground ingredients until fragrant..
- For potato croquettes: Mash about 350 gram boiled potatoes,and add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg and 1 egg yolk. Shape into balls. Deep in the beaten egg white, and fry until golden brown..
- How to serve : Arrange rice cake or rice, glass noodles, shredded chicken, spring onions and parsley in a bowl. Add a few pieces of egg and potatoe croquettes. Pour boiling chicken stock over and garnish with fried shallots. Serve with Sambal, soy sauce and lime..
The unique flavor of soto ayam mostly comes from the spice mix. (Otherwise, It will taste just like any other chicken soup.) Soto (also known as sroto, tauto, saoto, or coto) is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. Many traditional soups are called soto, whereas foreign and Western influenced soups are called sop. Soto is sometimes considered Indonesia's national dish, as it is served from Sumatra to Papua, in a wide range of variations. Soto ayam is a yellow spicy chicken soup with lontong or nasi himpit or ketupat (all compressed rice that is then cut into small cakes) and/or vermicelli or noodles, it is from Indonesia, and popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Suriname. Turmeric is added as one of its ingredients to get yellow chicken broth.