Salted cod stew (spicy). This recipe is a variation of the Cod Bourdeto that they make in Corfu. Tasty and easy for those who love salted cod but hate frying. This Norwegian Salt Cod Stew, or Bacalao from the Spanish word for cod, is a recipe made with salt cod, olive oil, stewed tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and potatoes.
Salted cod is something that folks either love or strongly dislike. I wasn't terribly fond of it myself until I tasted baccala prepared the way the Venetians do, and now I enjoy it when I can. Poisson Salé is a distinctive stew of salted cod and eggplant. You can have Salted cod stew (spicy) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salted cod stew (spicy)
- Prepare of salted cod cut into portions and desalted.
- You need of potatoes, coarsely chopped.
- You need of large onions cut into rings.
- Prepare of carrots, cut (optional).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of tomato paste dissolved in a little bit of water or 1/2 cup grated tomato.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of hot red pepper (chili).
- Prepare of little parsely, finely cut, for serving (optional).
Little is known of its origin, but it has strong French influences with a Gabonese twist. For the most part, poisson salé follows a fairly standard recipe path as any other stew would… except for the salted fish. Salt cod is a staple in South America, the Caribbean, and Europe. This recipe comes from Neide Rigo, a Brazilian food blogger.
Salted cod stew (spicy) step by step
- Pour the oil in the pot and lightly sauté the onions..
- Add the potatoes and the carotts so that they are lightly sautéed too..
- Continue with adding the tomato paste or the grated tomato, the salt, the two kinds of pepper and simmer with the lid on until the potatoes are tender and the sauce thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Finally, add the cod (which you have desalted at least 12 hours previously and have removed the skin) and the lemon juice (about 10 minutes)..
- Serve and if you like, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley..
Coconut milk and dried chiles add flavor and dimension to this easy fish stew. Soaked salt cod is layered with potatoes, eggs, golden raisins, capers, and roasted red peppers, then simmered in a white wine-tomato sauce. This Spanish-style fish stew from the Basque region of Spain is a traditional peasant dish popular in all Spanish-speaking countries (where each has given it. Fish Stew with Ginger and Tomatoes. Korean Seafood and Vegetable Stew #nourishedkitchen. spicy fish stew korean, fish stew rick stein, spicy fish soup jamie oliver, spicy seafood stew, chinese spicy fish soup, spicy fish stew nigella, spicy fish soup recipe, spicy fish.