Sautéed Potatoes. Drain, shake out onto a kitchen paper-lined tray and leave to cool. Diced potatoes tossed with salt, pepper, and chives make a homey, quick side dish suitable for breakfast or dinner. Sautéed potatoes can be eaten alone, as a side dish with your favorite meals, or turned into tasty salads.
Little cubes of seasoned crispy fried potatoes with a fluffy interior and a hint of garlic. I particularly like them with creamy dishes like steak stroganoff or chicken in creamy white wine sauce for date night. Honestly, I could eat these things like popcorn. You can cook Sautéed Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sautéed Potatoes
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of medium size potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of dried dill.
- Prepare of grated garlic.
The sauteed potato can be customised any which way you like (Bourdain's bacon, Elizabeth David's onion, Smitten Kitchen's smoked paprika), but the traditional basic recipe almost always features. Wash potatoes and place in a saucepan. Drain and let cool to touch. Peel potatoes and cut into slices.
Sautéed Potatoes instructions
- Boil the potatoes in boiling salted water for 8 -10 minutes or until just tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside..
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add the potatoes..
- Stir in butter, season with salt and pepper, add dried dill and grated garlic. Toss the potatoes and saute for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown..
- Beef Stroganoff over Sautéed Potatoes..
Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauteed sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt is a star dish all to itself but it is fun to change up recipes and add flavors. This is a great dish to get experimental with herbs and spices and delight those tastebuds. We are sharing a few options that you may not consider but are worth trying. Try mixing two of them together such as whiskey.