Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream). A French classic, this creamy potato leek soup is quick, easy, and delicious! Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. Learn how to make leek and potato soup the fast and easy way with this fun video.
Using a stick blender, whiz the vegetables to the consistency and texture you like. You can leave the soup chunky or blend it until smooth. Add sautéed leeks and onion, garlic, potato cubes and spices. You can have Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream)
- Prepare of leeks, thinly slice.
- You need of peeled potatos, 1 cubed and 1 in half.
- It’s of celery, thinly sliced.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need of chicken broth.
- Prepare of grapeseed oil.
- It’s of thyme.
- You need of ground black pepper.
All Reviews for Creamy Potato Leek Soup II. Delicious with or without the cream (for dieters)! Even better if you throw everything but the cream in right away to boil into the soup! Potato Leek Soup is a classic!
Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream) step by step
- In a large pot, add the grapeseed oil, sauteè all the veggies, except the pitatoes, untill wilted.
- Add the chicken broth, the potatoes and the thyme.boil until the potatoes are soft..
- Take out the whole potatoes and 1/2 cup of liquid and pour both in a blender until becomes creamy.
- Return the blended potatoe to the boiling pot, reduce to medium temperature and incorporate completely..
- Move constantly for 15 more minutes.
- Add salt if you like, doesn't need it..
Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. No need for cream to make this soup creamy! Potatoes, leeks, celery, spices and brother all complement one another seamlessly, while the addition of bacon adds just enough You may notice that aside from a small amount of ghee in this recipe, this Creamy Potato Leek Soup with Bacon contains zero dairy. This soup is made without any cream, and the secret to its creamy texture is the pureed potatoes. potato leek soup is by far one my favourite soups… i was actually going to make some this weekend for lunches next week and this looks like it will be the recipe i use! Whip up this simple soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort I love that it's super creamy without adding any fatty cream.