You can cook Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Soup
- Prepare 2 heads of garlic, outer layers of skin removed.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of large leeks, chopped.
- You need 2 cups of chopped button mushrooms.
- You need 6 of large potatoes, cut into cubes.
- It’s 6 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of saffron, (optional).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of parsley, chopped.
Potato Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Put garlic into a small baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Set aside to let cool, then peel or squeeze the garlic cloves into a small bowl, discarding peels, and mash pulp into a paste. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and mushrooms and cook until tender. continue cooking until reduced to one-third..
- Add potatoes, broth, garlic paste, saffron, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well, then simmer over medium heat until the potatoes are tender..
- Blend the soup in blender to get smooth texture and then add a few choppped & sautéed mushrooms.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parsley..