Small New Potatoes Sautéed Teriyaki Style in Sweet and Sour Miso.
You can have Small New Potatoes Sautéed Teriyaki Style in Sweet and Sour Miso using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Small New Potatoes Sautéed Teriyaki Style in Sweet and Sour Miso
- It’s of New potatoes (small-sized).
- It’s of 1 ■ Miso.
- It’s of ■ Sugar.
- You need of ■ Sake.
- Prepare of ■ Mirin.
- You need of and 1/2 teaspoon ■ Soy sauce.
- It’s of ■ Japanese soup stock (dashi).
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need of Vegetable oil (for sautéing).
Small New Potatoes Sautéed Teriyaki Style in Sweet and Sour Miso step by step
- Wash the potatoes and bake in a microwave unpeeled and test with skewer to tell if it is cooked all the way through. (The potatoes shown in the photo are about 4 cm diameter and were baked for 4 and 1/2 minutes at 600 W.).
- Combine the ingredients marked with a ■ . Be sure to thoroughly dissolve the miso..
- Heat oil in a wok, add potatoes, and sauté on medium heat, rotating them as you go, until the skins turn golden brown..
- Once the skins have browned, add the ingredients from Step 2, reduce to a slightly lower heat, then sauté while coating thepotatoes in sauce. Note – Be careful not to overcook, since the sauce easily burns..
- Once the liquid simmers down, the potatoes shine, and the sauce has thickened, add the sesame oil and sauté briefly before serving..
- If using peeled danshaku (white or Irish) potatoes: While simmering, the potatoes started breaking apart, and as a result, the coating was not shiny, but crumbly. However, this was also tasty!.