Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes. Cabbage and collard greens are fried with plenty of smoky bacon, seasoned with greens seasoning, and simmered until meltingly tender. Reviews for: Photos of Smothered Collard Greens and Cabbage. A member of the cabbage family, collards are potent cancer fighters like their kin.
Add the chopped collard greens and a sprinkle of sea salt, and stir well. Reduce the heat to low, and cover the greens. Wash greens thoroughly, making sure all dirt and grit have been removed. You can have Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes
- You need of Bacon.
- You need of Diced Onions.
- Prepare of Russet Potatoes cut into 1/2in cubes, unpeeled.
- It’s of Collard Greens, chopped into small pieces.
- You need of grated or chopped Red Cabbage.
- Prepare of Red Wine Vinegar.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Garlic Salt.
- It’s of Ground Black Pepper.
In a large skillet, melt butter, then add onions and crushed red pepper flakes, saute. Once onions are tender, add collard greens and chicken. Like most mashed potato recipes, cook cubed potatoes in heavily salted water until tender. A combination of russet and red potatoes makes this Putting it all together.
Sautéed Red Cabbage, Collard Greens and Potatoes instructions
- Fry 3 strips of bacon in a large pan. When done remove to drain on paper towels..
- Add diced onions to the large pan, season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry diced onions in the leftover bacon grease, until translucent.
- Add diced potatoes to the onions and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Fry until lightly crispy..
- Stir collard greens, red cabbage and red wine vinegar into the potatoes and onions. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. Cover with a lid. Cook until cabbage is tender (about 7 mins) uncovering and stirring often. Then remove from heat..
- Chop the three bacon strips into small crumbles. Stir into the the pan and serve hot..
Add the warm cabbage and greens of the scallions to the mashed potatoes and fold to combine. Raw Collard Green SaladEating Birdfood. collard greens, red pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar, olive oil Shredded Collard Green Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and CashewsSaveur. Cabbage and Collard Green ColeslawAdd a Pinch. spring onions, collard greens, mayonnaise, kosher salt. The flavor of raw collard greens combines perfectly with tender roasted sweet potatoes and tangy, rich goat cheese in this hearty starter. West Africans cook virtually every dish they make with red palm oil, which is made from crushing the fruit of the palm, unlike palm kernel oil, which is derived.