Ham and cheese potato soup. Place potatoes, onion, and cubed ham in large stockpot. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness.
It's goes down with my reuben soup for being my FAVORITE soup I made this season. . . loaded with leftover crockpot ham, veggies, potatoes, half and half, sour cream, and TWO kinds of cheese: cheddar and swiss – this soup is. This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham. It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook. You can cook Ham and cheese potato soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese potato soup
- It’s of peeled and diced russet potatoes.
- Prepare of diced onion.
- It’s of diced cooked ham.
- It’s of shredded Velveeta.
- It’s of salt,pepper, cayenne,celery seed, sage and thyme.
- It’s of seasoning salt.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of cream of mushroom.
- It’s of cream of celery.
- It’s of chicken boulion cubes.
The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas and I wanted to try another Potato Soup recipe, but thought I'd try one that had ham in it, hoping it would be just as good as our old potato soup recipe. This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham.
Ham and cheese potato soup instructions
- Salt and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee the onion and crisp the ham.
- Drain potatoes reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water(I usually add 2 chicken boulion cubes for extra flavor).
- In the stockpot combine butter and flour to make a rue..
- Add milk water and seasonings and bring to boil stirring constantly then reduce to simmer.
- Add in ham n onions the cheese and the cream of celery and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the cooked potatoes back and season to taste. Let simmer about 30-40 minutes and ENJOY.
It is the perfect recipe to use up your Christmas or Easter ham. We like to use sharp Cheddar cheese for extra flavor. You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish. Pro tip-use pre-shredded cheese to make the recipe even easier. Home · Recipes · Seasonal · Fall · Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup Recipe.