Rich potato soup from leftovers. Use up potatoes left over from Christmas and make these refried roasties with pickled onions and thyme. Use up leftover roast potatoes on Boxing Day and make luxury potato skins with brie and truffle. The latter is optional, but Christmas is a time to indulge.
Somewhere in this simmer though, the potatoes absorb some of the liquid making the soup less soup-y. At the same time, the starches from the potatoes release back into the stock and make it thick. Make this soup with baked potatoes or leftover mashed potatoes. You can cook Rich potato soup from leftovers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rich potato soup from leftovers
- Prepare 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sweet vermouth.
- You need 1/4 cup of sauteed mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ea. thyme, marjoram.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 slice of favorite white cheese; muenster.
It tastes too rich and creamy to be low in calories and fat. This is a delicious soup that you can make with baked potatoes or leftover mashed potatoes. Also can be made with fresh potatoes, and leeks instead of onions. You can add double cream instead of milk for a more luxurious soup, grated Cheddar and bacon for a hearty soup, or chopped fresh herbs and grated Parmesan to really make something special out of mere leftovers.
Rich potato soup from leftovers step by step
- All of these items can be leftovers! Mix all ingredients except cheese in pan. Bring to slow boil..
- I used leftover broth from a roast that I had saved and used the pan I had cooked steaks in the night before. I deglazed the pan with the broth and vermouth. Then added potatoes and such..
- Once soup is hot and seasoned to your liking, turn off heat, add cheese and slowly stir until cheese is melted. Serve with green salad and a nice bread..
- Enjoy a delish dish from leftovers!.
A great way to use leftover mashed potatoes! Milk and chicken broth complete the soup. Also can be made with fresh potatoes, and leeks instead The first time I made this for my family, my grandmother told me that I could "make potato soup" for her anytime. Whisk leftover mashed potatoes into soup. They add flavor and act as a thickener as well.