Beef Burgundy Soup.
You can have Beef Burgundy Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Burgundy Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Beef, cubed.
- You need of AP flour.
- It’s of Salt/Pepper.
- Prepare of Canola Oil.
- It’s 2 of yellow onions, julienne.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, diced.
- You need 3 of celery sticks, diced.
- You need 2 T of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 c of Dry red wine.
- Prepare 3 of Q beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 T of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 c of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional).
- Prepare to taste of salt/pepper.
Beef Burgundy Soup step by step
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking.
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat..
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed..
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated..
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer..
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente..
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!.