Potato Soup. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive.
Start by cutting off and discarding. One of my go-to soup recipes and a reader favorite! It's such a creamy and comforting soup. You can cook Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Soup
- It’s of garlic, outer layers of skin removed.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of large leeks, chopped.
- It’s of chopped button mushrooms.
- You need of large potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Prepare of vegetable broth.
- You need of saffron, (optional).
- It’s of bay leaf.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of parsley, chopped.
Just be sure not to leave off the cheddar and bacon (or ham), they add lots of flavor! This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished (I generally serve this soup as a special treat as it is not recommended for people counting calories.)" The BEST Potato Soup Recipe! Homemade potato soup is so easy to make from scratch and beats any restaurant soup. The base is so creamy, hearty and filling.
Potato Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Put garlic into a small baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Set aside to let cool, then peel or squeeze the garlic cloves into a small bowl, discarding peels, and mash pulp into a paste. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and mushrooms and cook until tender. continue cooking until reduced to one-third..
- Add potatoes, broth, garlic paste, saffron, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well, then simmer over medium heat until the potatoes are tender..
- Blend the soup in blender to get smooth texture and then add a few choppped & sautéed mushrooms.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parsley..
Potato Soup Recipes : Brown Potatoes & Carrots for Rich Potato Soup. Potato Soup Recipes : Sautee Thin Slices of Garlic to Later Add to Garlic & Sweet Potato Soup. Potato soup is one of the great cold-weather comforts. Rich and velvety when pureed, potatoes create a healthful base for soup and need little in the way of full-fat dairy to achieve an ideal creamy. Potato soup has to have a pureed, smooth potato component.